Looking for a book outlining vaccination ethics from a Catholic perspective?
(09-05-2021, 11:29 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(09-05-2021, 08:26 PM)J Michael Wrote: Not questioning anything you wrote, but have you read the book?

I haven't and won't unless I am given a copy.

Why would I buy a copy of something that, even if everything written is correct, comes from a source that cannot be trusted as to what is true and false. That an "expert" is most definitely not an expert in ethics, theology or any field in which they could claim a "Catholic" perspective, and has so badly erred on a simple point in their claimed area of expertise, easily proven wrong, is a massive problem of trust towards anything in the book, even if it is correct.

That's the problem with self-styled "experts". They might be 90% correct about everything. It's the 10% that's a problem, and since conclusions will be drawn from that 10%, it becomes impossible to trust anything.

Why would I purchase and support, or even read something, where the source is discredited.
I won't read it either, unless given a copy, but for other reasons.  There are plenty of other sources about vaccination either in my library or otherwise readily available, so to spend the money on another seems superfluous right now. Without having read her book, however, I am not in a position to either defend or criticize it or the author. 

I can't speak to the Kolbe Center as I know nothing about it.  Obviously it's your choice to not support it if you have such strong feelings about it. 

Does she pass herself off as an "expert", or rather as someone with specialized knowledge, seen through a particular filter (that Catholic perspective thingy), making and supporting (or not) a particular argument?

How many "experts" are there that are 100% right 100% of the time?
"I'm an old man now and have had a great many problems.  Most of them never happened."~ Mark Twain

"Compassion and justice in one soul are as a man adoring God and idols in one house." -St. Isaac of Syria

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)
[-] The following 2 users Like J Michael's post:
  • Matthew7-7, Zedta
(09-06-2021, 12:17 AM)VoxClamantis Wrote: I'm one of those who believes that, for ex., the results of Nazi experiments, the information the Japanese got from the horrors they inflicted on POWs in Unit 731, etc., shouldn't be thrown out because the experiments were evil.

I would tend to believe, that those who were so tortured and then died, would be satisfied, to some degree, that what they went through was at some point, used for the good of others. It is, however, exactly the wrong way to obtain such information, on any level of acceptance and I am quite sure that the victims would agree as well.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • J Michael
As to the book:

I have a copy and have read it. It is interesting, but I didn't get it as a text book level read. It falls quite short as much of a reference on vaccines and as MM mentioned, she seems to have difficulty with accuracy.

Sadly, I couldn't recommend it for any serious person's reference book on the subject.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin

George Orwell
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • J Michael
(09-06-2021, 01:37 PM)Zedta Wrote: As to the book:

I have a copy and have read it. It is interesting, but I didn't get it as a text book level read. It falls quite short as much of a reference on vaccines and as MM mentioned, she seems to have difficulty with accuracy.

Sadly, I couldn't recommend it for any serious person's reference book on the subject.

We are approaching a time in the UK where one will need to submit a reason in order to avoid the vaccine. I don't agree with it, and I need to formulate my argument now.

The very fact that governments are resorting to vaccine passports and, as in France, beating people up who refuse to comply with it, is testimony enough that it is EVIL. I think this is partly done as a way to impose national ID cards on people, for the state to be able to control people's lives and to facilitate the Great Reset. I don't know what is in those vaccines, but I will not be accepting one. Others are free to do so if they feel inclined to, obviously.
[-] The following 2 users Like Matthew7-7's post:
  • J Michael, Zedta
(09-06-2021, 08:07 PM)Matthew7-7 Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 01:37 PM)Zedta Wrote: As to the book:

We are approaching a time in the UK where one will need to submit a reason in order to avoid the vaccine. I don't agree with it, and I need to formulate my argument now.

The very fact that governments are resorting to vaccine passports and, as in France, beating people up who refuse to comply with it, is testimony enough that it is EVIL. I think this is partly done as a way to impose national ID cards on people, for the state to be able to control people's lives and to facilitate the Great Reset. I don't know what is in those vaccines, but I will not be accepting one. Others are free to do so if they feel inclined to, obviously.

Personally, I am about to start an Ivermectin regimen/prophylaxis which in India (which suffered greatly due to 'vaccines' causing many deaths in the past) showed effectiveness in the upper 90th percentile. That is far greater than even two or three of the mRNA jabs and it doesn't mess with your immune system.
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin

George Orwell
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • J Michael, Matthew7-7