Husband hates my sister
Our baby girl had such a small voice. I could easily sleep while she was screaming. Not so with our son. He has a terrible voice (although very pleasant when he's not crying).
(09-08-2021, 03:48 AM)Marmot Wrote: Our baby girl had such a small voice. I could easily sleep while she was screaming. Not so with our son. He has a terrible voice (although very pleasant when he's not crying).
Does he do this?

[-] The following 3 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • Anon777, Catherine, CatholicMamato5
That's him!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Marmot's post:
  • Anon777
Sometimes people are just not going to get along.
This is the same sister that you were recently posting about marrying a man she didn't love, etc.
He has no respect for her and to be honest from reading your posts, there's no reason why he should.
It may be that it will work better for your family if his contact with her is limited.
He doesn't have the right to tell you not to see her but expecting him to swallow forced contact with her isn't going to be a good outcome.
“Tradition is so strong, that future generations will dream of what they never saw.” — G.K. Chesterton

"It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive.”
Charles Peguy 
[-] The following 3 users Like Water1965's post:
  • J Michael, jovan66102, SacraCor714
Also sounds like your sister hates your husband.
So sad. She knows how to push buttons.
Families should stick together.
Even 1x a year.
Telling a child to be quiet isn't disciplining. It sounds like your husband over reacted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Birdie's post:
  • havok579257
Sorry to hear. Your husband I believe is in the wrong. I am not of the idea that only parents should discipline children. Physical discipline yes but not verbal. I mean follow the line of logic. If your husband saw kinds do bad things, would he just ignore it. If he is in a public bathroom and kids are in there making a mess and wasting supplies does he just ignore it or do the right thing and say something to the kids? What about if he is out at a park with you and your children and he see's other children picking on another child verbally. Does he just let it pass? If kids are walking all through a neighbors yard who he knows doesn't want people in his yard, does your husband just ignore it?

Sounds like to me, your husband just doesn't want your family to discipline your child since he doesn't like that person.
No , I don't want strife in my home. Parents need to stick together. Especially from a feminist.

Years from now kids can triangulate. Mom says yes dad say no. It starts now.