Is the COVID vaccine the mark of the beast?
The topic appeared in another thread, I think it is worth treating in this part of the forum, because it is an extremely important topic for Catholics.

I'll let people wiser than me speak about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Drolo's post:
  • Ruth Catherine
No. The mark of the beast will be intrinsically tied to the worship of antichrist. Every person who receives it will do so knowing that it is an act of allegiance to the beloved world leader.

All that said, this is obviously a precursor to the thing. This vaccine madness is putting in place the infrastructure necessary to enforce the mark when it arrives. Which all tells me the advent of antichrist is coming very soon.

Just my two cents anyway.

Sent from my SM-A025U using Tapatalk
[-] The following 3 users Like 1Faith's post:
  • Drolo, newenglandsun, Ruth Catherine
No, but it could be a type of the mark, but so many other things are types of marks and people just don’t know it. Take credit cards for one. I’ve never had one and let me tell you—it doesn’t get you very far, materially speaking.
Just like there are lots of types of antichrists, from Julian the Apostate to Luther to today, there have historically been many types of the mark.
I see it more as the passage in the Apocalypse where it says “let he who is clean be clean still, let he who is filthy be filthy still, etc” — in other words, we’ve all made up our minds whether we are for it, against it, middling, etc. This extends to our Christological relationship. Are we for, against, or on the fence of Christ and His Church? Covid has given us some time to think and I’m sure we’ve all seen a lot of people making life changes during this time. Many of us hope they’re the right ones but for some they might not be. Anything material like a vaccine could never condemn a person, I don’t think, but rejecting Christ would necessitate our being rejected BY Christ. On Psalm 6, St. Aquinas says in his commentary that judgment at death is like a tree falling in the woods: there it will lie for all eternity. If in the north, to the north, if in the west, to the west, etc. this is why the Psalmist says, Who in Sheol praises You? They cannot praise God who are in Hell, as they sealed their fate in life.
[-] The following 4 users Like dontmindatall's post:
  • Anon777, Drolo, newenglandsun, Ruth Catherine
No.  That's ridiculous.  It's a damned vaccine.
"[I]t is vain to hope to attract souls to God by a bitter zeal."  Pope St. Pius X.

"If anyone deludes himself by thinking he is serving God, when he has not learned to control his tongue, the service he gives is vain.  If he is to offer service pure and unblemished in the sight of God, who is our Father, he must take care of orphans and widows in their need, and keep himself unstained by the world."  James 1:26-27.
[-] The following 5 users Like Clare Brigid's post:
  • Anon777, Drolo, jovan66102, Melkite, newenglandsun
(09-09-2021, 10:37 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: No.  That's ridiculous.  It's a damned vaccine.

A vaccine that is being forced upon us for a virus with a lot of questions surrounding it. Just today President Biden issued sweeping vaccine mandates for everyone. And if the President and his team (and handlers/masters..) win the upcoming legal battles, the Federal Government will have the power to inject it's citizens with whatever whenever it deems it necessary. Fun times. 

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-bus...46a6fb89be
[-] The following 1 user Likes choosetowitness's post:
  • Drolo
I'm reminded of reading about the introduction of Social Security numbers back in the 30s. Many people were convinced that it was the 'Mark of the Beast' to have a Social Security card.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Drolo, gospel654
Isn't the numerology of 666 related to Emperor Nero's name somehow?
[-] The following 4 users Like Ambrosiano's post:
  • Anon777, Drolo, gospel654, jovan66102
It’s hard to discuss this without sounding like a gnostic-type.
But, I’ll admit, similar to what another poster said, that it seems to be at least like a type of the mark of the beast.
[-] The following 2 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • Drolo, Ruth Catherine
No, the vaccine is not the mark of the beast. But it might be if you have an good imagination and at least enough Christian teaching to start associating all manner of things with "the mark of the beast" and "the end times."
[-] The following 5 users Like Matas's post:
  • Drolo, gospel654, jovan66102, Melkite, TheRock
And he shall make all, both little and great, rich and poor, freemen and bondmen, to have a character in their right hand, or on their foreheads. [17] And that no man might buy or sell, but he that hath the character, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

The shot is given in the arm, not the right hand or forehead
                                                                It will still be possible to buy and sell for the forseeable future, even if Biden's mandate is not overturned.
                                                                This has not revealed the Beast.

Don't get me wrong, this could become very diabolical sooner than we think. A Cupich, or a McElroy, Tobin or Gregory could mandate that positively no one in their diocese may enter any Catholic church without proof of vaccination.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • Drolo