Is the COVID vaccine the mark of the beast?
I don't believe that it is the mark of the beast for many of the reasons already stated.  But the idea that it will desensitize people or prepare them and make them more open to receiving the mark is an interesting thought that I hadn't considered.
[-] The following 4 users Like CatholicMamato5's post:
  • Catherine, Drolo, J Michael, Ruth Catherine
Whether or not the vaccine is the mark of the beast is above my pay grade.  I'm pretty sure, though, that with the involvement of the CCP, the Fauci-ites, BigPharma, the Democrats, et. al., the evil one is definitely involved.
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
[-] The following 5 users Like J Michael's post:
  • CatholicMamato5, Drolo, Eric F, oldrover, Ruth Catherine
(09-09-2021, 10:37 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: No.  That's ridiculous.  It's a damned vaccine.

Exactly. Anyone who thinks this is the mark of the beast belongs in John Hagee's church, not the Catholic Church.
[-] The following 7 users Like Melkite's post:
  • Anon777, Clare Brigid, Drolo, gospel654, HailGilbert, jovan66102, pspark
It is not the mark of the beast but as others have said, it could easily be a type or a precursor, something opening the door, leading to the mark, setting the stage, but there is no way to know even that.

It is my understanding that when choosing the mark of the beast one will knowingly be rejecting Christ and choose the anti-Christ.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ruth Catherine's post:
  • Drolo
(09-10-2021, 09:52 AM)Eric F Wrote: And he shall make all, both little and great, rich and poor, freemen and bondmen, to have a character in their right hand, or on their foreheads. [17] And that no man might buy or sell, but he that hath the character, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

The shot is given in the arm, not the right hand or forehead
                                                                It will still be possible to buy and sell for the forseeable future, even if Biden's mandate is not overturned.
                                                                This has not revealed the Beast.

Don't get me wrong, this could become very diabolical sooner than we think. A Cupich, or a McElroy, Tobin or Gregory could mandate that positively no one in their diocese may enter any Catholic church without proof of vaccination.

I don't think this is the mark of the beast. What I do think, just as you do, is that there's something diabolical in the way we are going towards a partition of our society between those who have their jab and those who haven't. Requiring a jab for people to cover certain job positions or for certain firms to employ a new employee doesn't sound good, it's going to divide people. But it's happening in the whole Western world.
As to the hand/forehead thing, it has to be read allegorically: it means that the mark of the beast will eventually interfere in both intellectual (forehead) and manual (right hand) labour. Now, the vaccine is still required only for a part of the citizens, but are you really sure we can rule out the possibility that, in the future, the vaccine is going to become compulsory for every single human activity?
"We thought we could stay healthy in a sick world" - Pope.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoliTardare's post:
  • Drolo
While I do not believe this vaccine is the Mark of the Beast, the spirit of Antichrist is definitely present here. There was great demonic delight when our churches were shutdown and even more, when in a few dioceses, the sacrament of penance and last rites were denied even to the dying, all while the guy at the top had this to say about those who obeyed their Saviour instead https://www.fox6now.com/news/pope-franci...dolescents
[-] The following 2 users Like Eric F's post:
  • Drolo, J Michael
(09-09-2021, 10:37 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: No.  That's ridiculous.  It's a damned vaccine.
"Damned" being the operative word here.  "Vaccine" being something of a misnomer.
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
[-] The following 2 users Like J Michael's post:
  • Bushum, Drolo
(09-10-2021, 11:05 AM)Ruth Catherine Wrote: It is not the mark of the beast but as others have said, it could easily be a type or a precursor, something opening the door, leading to the mark, setting the stage, but there is no way to know even that.

It might be a type....

Folks, the type or precursor or the door opening already happened way back in 1968.  About the time the NO was to be unleashed upon the world, the Pringles potato chip made its debut.  The Ape of the Chip.  But to most people, it was "just" a potato chip. By the 1990's it's true diabolical nature was evident.  And it was too late.
(09-10-2021, 03:34 PM)Matas Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 11:05 AM)Ruth Catherine Wrote: It is not the mark of the beast but as others have said, it could easily be a type or a precursor, something opening the door, leading to the mark, setting the stage, but there is no way to know even that.

It might be a type....

Folks, the type or precursor or the door opening already happened way back in 1968.  About the time the NO was to be unleashed upon the world, the Pringles potato chip made its debut.  The Ape of the Chip.  But to most people, it was "just" a potato chip. By the 1990's it's true diabolical nature was evident.  And it was too late.
Blame the Pringles.  Or, even better....blame the potato.

(09-10-2021, 03:56 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 03:34 PM)Matas Wrote:

It might be a type....

Blame the Pringles.  Or, even better....blame the potato.

In other words... blame tradition?