Is the COVID vaccine the mark of the beast?
(09-12-2021, 08:12 AM)Anon777 Wrote: strong Polish genetics

Speaking of which, (probably you already know it, but I'm going to say it any way, because it's something memorable) today's Feast of the most Holy Name of Mary has been set by Pope Innocent something (can't remind the number) to thank Mary for the victory against the muslims in Vienna. The Pope also gave his Blessed Sword to thank the King of Poland, who led the Catholic league against the Islamic forces who seemed overwhelming. The protection of Our Lady of Chestochowa probably had a great influence on the outcome of the battle.
"We thought we could stay healthy in a sick world" - Pope.
For me it’s not pride, it’s two things:

1. Sheer terror - I react badly to almost any medication I take, am allergic to sulfa drugs, and sense chances are pretty good that i’d be among the adversely affected. I’ve also seen the harm it can do. I’m as afraid of taking it as i would be purposely eating a poisonous mushroom. I’ve been looking at the scientific arguments for its dangers and non efficacy from the start and have not seen satisfactory counter arguments. Plus, they’re obviously not even working now. And that’s the least of your worries if you get jabbed, in my opinion.

2. I cannot bring myself to knowingly participate in totalitarian objectives.
[-] The following 4 users Like Margaret-Mary's post:
  • Anon777, HailGilbert, J Michael, NoliTardare
(09-11-2021, 09:36 PM)jack89 Wrote: Good points.  I wonder if at this point I'm refusing to get vaccinated out of pride.  I am 100% against mandates of any type, and I think that's one of the big reasons I've avoided it.  Another is distrust in governments and agencies pressured by said governments.  But the Pfizer vaccine has been out there for a little while now, so I can determine what risks I'll be taking if I decide to get vaccinated.  I've read the nightmare accounts from obscure websites, but I'm skeptic of most.  

Just thinking out loud, but I may get the jab.

Pride is frequently arrogance, disdain, an attitude of superiority towards others and their viewpoints.  I will freely admit that I struggle mightily with this.  Does that describe your attitude about refusing to get vaccinated?  Even if it does, is that, for you, good enough reason to accept the vaccinations?

You say "...the Pfizer vaccine has been out there for a little while now...".  Indeed, a very little while, relatively speaking, especially compared to other vaccines which had undergone years of testing and study before being "approved" and licensed.  We don't even know the full list of its ingredients*, let alone any mid- or long-term benefits or adverse reactions, let alone its short-term efficacy.  It seems less and less efficacious as time goes on, with more and more "completely vaccinated" people not only testing positive for Covid, but actually getting sick with it, being hospitalized, and dying.  The whole mantra of "this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated" is nothing more than political b.s. to scare people into getting the vaccine. 

So, if I may, let me ask you a few questions---is your employer requiring you, as a condition of employment, to be vaccinated?  Have you NOT yet had Covid illness?  Do you have serious co-morbidities that might put you at greater risk for serious illness or death from Covid?  Are you averse to trying to prevent it by using one of the prophylactic protocols employing things like Vit. D, Vit. C, Zinc, Ivermectin, Hydroxycholorquine, etc.?  Do you live in an area where the known rates of Covid infection/hospitalization/death are increasing?  Are you exposed or potentially exposed to a great number of people (indoors) who may be transmitting the illness?  If you would answer those questions, especially the first one, with "yes", then by all means, get the shots.  You may very well have no problem whatsoever.  But, like anything else, it's a risk, just as it's a risk not to get them.  If you are generally otherwise fit and healthy, without serious underlying issues, would you get vaccinated for some other disease not called "Covid" or "Sars-CoV-2" for which you were at extremely low risk of serious illness or death?

Is the decreasing lack of choice about getting the shots influencing your thinking?  In other words, if people were not mandating them or trying to mandate them, would you continue to refuse to get them?

When push comes to shove, though, you must make a choice (if given that opportunity by our PTB!) that is best for you and your family.  May God guide you in that process!

*From what I can tell, all drugs and vaccines come with a warning NOT to take them if you have an allergy to any of their ingredients.  If you don't know what all those ingredients are, there's no way to know if you're allergic to any of them and might have some kind of serious reaction, e.g. anaphylaxis, to them.

CORRECTION:  We actually do have a list of ingredients of the vaccine.  Thanks, Melkite, for posting that below!
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • Blind Horus
Thinking out loud is good and I've considered it too, but who to believe?

I've seen in the past 100% Media push on things that turn into huge debacles resulting in lost of life and suffering and when the dust settles they move on to the next debacle never admitting fault or blame for their complicity in the Media Driven Event (MDE) they've created.

Maybe it's different this time.
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
(09-12-2021, 01:56 PM)Blind Horus Wrote: Thinking out loud is good and I've considered it too, but who to believe?

I've seen in the past 100% Media push on things that turn into huge debacles resulting in lost of life and suffering and when the dust settles they move on to the next debacle never admitting fault or blame for their complicity in the Media Driven Event (MDE) they've created.

Maybe it's different this time.
What would make you think that?
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • oldrover
(09-12-2021, 12:52 PM)J Michael Wrote: So, if I may, let me ask you a few questions---is your employer requiring you, as a condition of employment, to be vaccinated?  Have you NOT yet had Covid illness?  Do you have serious co-morbidities that might put you at greater risk for serious illness or death from Covid?  Are you averse to trying to prevent it by using one of the prophylactic protocols employing things like Vit. D, Vit. C, Zinc, Ivermectin, Hydroxycholorquine, etc.?  Do you live in an area where the known rates of Covid infection/hospitalization/death are increasing?  Are you exposed or potentially exposed to a great number of people (indoors) who may be transmitting the illness?  If you would answer those questions, especially the first one, with "yes", then by all means, get the shots.  You may very well have no problem whatsoever.  But, like anything else, it's a risk, just as it's a risk not to get them.  If you are generally otherwise fit and healthy, without serious underlying issues, would you get vaccinated for some other disease not called "Covid" or "Sars-CoV-2" for which you were at extremely low risk of serious illness or death?

- I'm retired military, no employer.
- I have not had Covid, I know this because a little over a week ago I had an antibody test done and it was negative.
- No co-morbidities
- not averse to alternative preventative measures, but they're as questionable as the vaccine
- No worries about a local dramatic increase in cases
- I like to travel occasionally, which could be a factor later on, but not much of a concern now

[quote pid='1470171' dateline='1631465531']
Is the decreasing lack of choice about getting the shots influencing your thinking?  In other words, if people were not mandating them or trying to mandate them, would you continue to refuse to get them?
[/quote]

This is where pride comes into play.  I ask myself if I'm resisting getting vaccinated because an opposing political party is pushing it?  Or because other people with my political or religious leanings are opposed to it?  I think there are a good number of people in this camp, and some may go out of their way to find conclusions to support their bias.  I've done that before, and I see others do it all the time.  I think some of my thinking about this vaccine is stubborn pride, and I need to step away from that.  

What I should be asking myself is if I take this vaccine, will it help family, friends, community and country.  I should try to find information with minimal bias and base my decisions on that.  Luckily I have a medical background and a brother who is an emergency room doctor in San Antonio. 

That's where I'm at and why I'm considering getting vaccinated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jack89's post:
  • J Michael
It'll be very difficult to avoid bias with this issue.  Pretty much everyone has an opinion, and some of those opinions are even informed by facts and by "science".  For me, it's irrelevant which group, political, religious, or otherwise is either for or against being vaccinated.  Unfortunately, most of the MSM is pushing the current admin's agenda and what you will get from them is very much biased towards that.  On the other hand, much of the opposing opinion and science can be difficult to find sometimes because of direct and indirect censorship.  So, the other side of the story is debunked, defamed, criticized, and marginalized and has to find outlets and platforms not endorsed by "the establishment".  Anyway, I babble on....I think you get my point.

If you haven't already done so, may I suggest you find out what Dr. Robert Malone, one of the inventors of the mRNA technology, has to say about the whole issue?

If you consider the alternative prophylactic/treatment protocols as being as questionable as the vaccine, at least consider this:  at best they will keep you from getting Covid, or if you get it, will moderate its effects; at worst, they will do nothing-- except probably boost your overall immunity, and if you still get Covid, you probably won't get hospitalized or die from it.  The vaccine has been known to cause death and a myriad of other less dramatic adverse reactions.  The same cannot be said of the prophylactic/treatment protocols.

Oh...and if you hadn't noticed, I AM somewhat biased :-).  Nonetheless, for whatever it's worth, I will entirely respect your choice.

Good luck, and God speed!

(09-12-2021, 08:12 AM)Anon777 Wrote: I personally am not getting the jab. I am not one who gets sick in general and have strong Polish genetics to back me up. I have not been sick in...3 or 4 years( Last time was a REALLY bad sinus infection that was dripping Yuck!🤢🤮  '

I am not going to get the vaccine also because I do NOT trust big Pharm

LOL "Strong Polish genetics." No one nation has strong genetics. All nations have a mix of strong genes and weak genes, and some members physiologically will towards one or the other. To say one's nation's genetics are uniquely strong is to basically say your nation somehow avoided the effects of the Fall.
(09-12-2021, 12:52 PM)J Michael Wrote: *From what I can tell, all drugs and vaccines come with a warning NOT to take them if you have an allergy to any of their ingredients.  If you don't know what all those ingredients are, there's no way to know if you're allergic to any of them and might have some kind of serious reaction, e.g. anaphylaxis, to them.

The copy-paste didn't line up correctly, so here's the link to see it in a more visually functional chart: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/cl...Appendix-C

I don't particularly trust the CDC, but I don't have any reason to doubt they are lying that these are the complete lists of ingredients. Do you believe these lists are false, or intentionally incomplete?

Quote:Appendix C: Ingredients included in COVID-19 vaccines
The following is a list of ingredients for the Pfizer-BioNTechexternal icon, Modernaexternal icon, and Janssenexternal icon COVID-19 vaccines reported in the prescribing information for each vaccine.*

Description Pfizer-BioNTech (mRNA) Moderna (mRNA) Janssen (viral vector)
Active ingredient Nucleoside-modified mRNA encoding the viral spike (S) glycoprotein of SARS-CoV-2 Nucleoside-modified mRNA encoding the viral spike (S) glycoprotein of SARS-CoV-2 Recombinant, replication-incompetent Ad26 vector, encoding a stabilized variant of the SARS-CoV-2 Spike (S) protein
Inactive ingredients 2[(polyethylene glycol (PEG))-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide PEG2000-DMG: 1,2-dimyristoyl-rac-glycerol, methoxypolyethylene glycol Polysorbate-80
1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine 2-hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin
Cholesterol Cholesterol Citric acid monohydrate
(4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate) SM-102: heptadecan-9-yl 8-((2-hydroxyethyl) (6-oxo-6-(undecyloxy) hexyl) amino) octanoate Trisodium citrate dihydrate
Sodium chloride Tromethamine Sodium chloride
Monobasic potassium phosphate Tromethamine hydrochloride Ethanol
Potassium chloride Acetic acid
Dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate Sodium acetate
Sucrose Sucrose

* None of the vaccines contain eggs, gelatin, latex, or preservatives. All COVID-19 vaccines are free from metals such as iron, nickel, cobalt, lithium, rare earth alloys or any manufactured products such as microelectronics, electrodes, carbon nanotubes, or nanowire semiconductors.
Note: Both the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines contain polyethylene glycol (PEG). PEG is a primary ingredient in osmotic laxatives and oral bowel preparations for colonoscopy procedures, an inactive ingredient or excipient in many medications, and is used in a process called “pegylation” to improve the therapeutic activity of some medications (including certain chemotherapeutics). Additionally, cross-reactive hypersensitivity between PEG and polysorbates (included as an excipient in some vaccines and other therapeutic agents) can occur. Information on active or inactive ingredients for vaccines and medications can be found in the package insert. CDC’s vaccine excipient summarypdf icon and the National Institutes of Health DailyMed databaseexternal icon can also be used as a resource.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Melkite's post:
  • J Michael
Correction: I don't have any reason to doubt the CDC is telling the truth about the list of vaccine ingredients.