Is the COVID vaccine the mark of the beast?
(09-13-2021, 09:05 AM)Melkite Wrote: Correction:  I don't have any reason to doubt the CDC is telling the truth about the list of vaccine ingredients.
Thanks for posting the ingredients!!  I was under the mistaken notion that Pfizer had not yet submitted them to the FDA as they were required to do within 14 days of the FDA's approval, last month.  I should have taken the time to check that out--my bad.

I don't doubt that the CDC or even the FDA are telling the truth about the ingredients.  They're just reporting what Pfizer has submitted to them.  Where my doubt lies is with Pfizer, who has been known to have been less than 100% transparent in the past about drug studies and ingredients.  But if Pfizer is lying or obfuscating or omitting and they get caught, they're in for a major slap on the wrist.

There are people "out there" who hold that Pfizer is has included graphene in the vaccine without listing it (unless it's one of those long chemical formulas that look like hieroglyphics to me).  I have no way of knowing if they are right or really just...."out there", as it were.

I can't even make heads or tails out of some of those ingredients!  But then, I'm not a chemist.  If someone had never had the vaccine before, how would they even know if they're allergic to some of those ingredients??  (By the way, I ask that same question about almost all drugs which have that warning about ingredient allergies, especially if the ingredients are things like "1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3-phosphocholine 2-hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin
Cholesterol Cholesterol Citric acid monohydrate
(4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate) SM-102: heptadecan-9-yl 8-((2-hydroxyethyl) (6-oxo-6-(undecyloxy) hexyl) amino) octanoate Trisodium citrate dihydrate", whatever that is in English.)

I'll go back and edit my previous post about this.

Thanks again!
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
(09-10-2021, 09:52 AM)Eric F Wrote: Don't get me wrong, this could become very diabolical sooner than we think. A Cupich, or a McElroy, Tobin or Gregory could mandate that positively no one in their diocese may enter any Catholic church without proof of vaccination.

No, that won't happen because as leftists, they believe that illegal immigrants are holy and sinless people who cannot be held to any standard, leave alone this one.
(09-12-2021, 08:12 AM)Anon777 Wrote: I personally am not getting the jab. I am not one who gets sick in general and have strong Polish genetics to back me up. I have not been sick in...3 or 4 years( Last time was a REALLY bad sinus infection that was dripping Yuck!🤢🤮  '

I am not going to get the vaccine also because I do NOT trust big Pharm

Not advocating the vaccine by any means but so does your distrust in Big Pharma include when you develop high blood pressure due to genetics or diabetes due to genetics or a genetic disorder or are involved in a severe accident and need life saving medications or you develop cancer.  Will you refuse any and all medications since they come from big pharma? 

Unless your argument is I will never take any medication or anything from big pharma ever, then you leave yourself open to your point having holes poked in them when you say no vaccine due to no trust in big pharma
(09-15-2021, 03:30 PM)havok579257 Wrote: Not advocating the vaccine by any means but so does your distrust in Big Pharma include when you develop high blood pressure due to genetics or diabetes due to genetics or a genetic disorder or are involved in a severe accident and need life saving medications or you develop cancer.  Will you refuse any and all medications since they come from big pharma? 

Unless your argument is I will never take any medication or anything from big pharma ever, then you leave yourself open to your point having holes poked in them when you say no vaccine due to no trust in big pharma

More importantly, in my opinion, how many of these people are going to give up these medicines because they were tested on fetal cell lines? Their proximity to abortion is often closer than the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines!
(09-15-2021, 03:30 PM)havok579257 Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 08:12 AM)Anon777 Wrote: I personally am not getting the jab. I am not one who gets sick in general and have strong Polish genetics to back me up. I have not been sick in...3 or 4 years( Last time was a REALLY bad sinus infection that was dripping Yuck!🤢🤮  '

Not advocating the vaccine by any means but so does your distrust in Big Pharma include when you develop high blood pressure due to genetics or diabetes due to genetics or a genetic disorder or are involved in a severe accident and need life saving medications or you develop cancer.  Will you refuse any and all medications since they come from big pharma? 

Why does it have to be all or nothing?  There's absolutely nothing wrong with a healthy distrust of BigPharma--they've earned it.  But just because they've earned that distrust doesn't make each and every drug produced by them bad, evil, or untrustworthy.  Many drugs have been around for many years and have been shown to be relatively safe, some very safe, especially when used judiciously.

I don't trust BigPharma, either.  But I'll use, if absolutely necessary, some of their products, especially ones with proven track records, which these non-vaccines do not have.  Anyone who blindly trusts them with regards to this as yet unproven vaccine, is, imo, fooling themselves to greater or lesser degree.  

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but according to my wife's doctor, a straight-up mainstream general practitioner, there's not a single drug that's been developed in the last 10-20 years that's worth a damn.  Now, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but it comes from someone who does trust, at least somewhat, BigPharma, and is happy to prescribe their products, when indicated.

You keep saying that you're "not advocating the vaccine" but I have to say it kinda sounds like you are.
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
[-] The following 2 users Like J Michael's post:
  • Anon777, CatholicMamato5
(09-15-2021, 03:53 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 03:30 PM)havok579257 Wrote: Not advocating the vaccine by any means but so does your distrust in Big Pharma include when you develop high blood pressure due to genetics or diabetes due to genetics or a genetic disorder or are involved in a severe accident and need life saving medications or you develop cancer.  Will you refuse any and all medications since they come from big pharma? 

More importantly, in my opinion, how many of these people are going to give up these medicines because they were tested on fetal cell lines?  Their proximity to abortion is often closer than the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines!
Now...there's an excellent question!  I'd love to see a list of the 20 or 30 most commonly prescribed drugs that shows whether or not they have a proximity to abortion and what that proximity is.

There's a difference, though, between distrusting BigPharma kind of generically, and objecting to the vaccines due to abortion proximity.  I distrusted BigPharma long before I was even aware of the issue of abortion and drugs, etc.

[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • Anon777
(09-15-2021, 04:03 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 03:30 PM)havok579257 Wrote:

Why does it have to be all or nothing?  There's absolutely nothing wrong with a healthy distrust of BigPharma--they've earned it.  But just because they've earned that distrust doesn't make each and every drug produced by them bad, evil, or untrustworthy.  Many drugs have been around for many years and have been shown to be relatively safe, some very safe, especially when used judiciously.

I don't trust BigPharma, either.  But I'll use, if absolutely necessary, some of their products, especially ones with proven track records, which these non-vaccines do not have.  Anyone who blindly trusts them with regards to this as yet unproven vaccine, is, imo, fooling themselves to greater or lesser degree.  

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but according to my wife's doctor, a straight-up mainstream general practitioner, there's not a single drug that's been developed in the last 10-20 years that's worth a damn.  Now, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but it comes from someone who does trust, at least somewhat, BigPharma, and is happy to prescribe their products, when indicated.

You keep saying that you're "not advocating the vaccine" but I have to say it kinda sounds like you are.

And I keep saying I have not taken the vaccine due to already having covid.  So I won't take the vaccine but advocate everyone else does?  No, the issue is, you seem to think if someone says anything against your opinion then they are automatically for the other side.  Nuance is a real thing and its how life is, not always black and white most of all when it comes to politics.

Well your wife's doctor sounds not intelligent if he honestly thinks not recent medication is worth a damn.  I developed a autonomic disorder from out of the blue and use a recently developed medication called Northera.  Without it, I would not be in as a good of state as I am.  Although according to your wives doctor, the medication that helps me function daily is not worth a damn.  Defiantly not someone I would ever go to for medical advice.

Anon's argument was he won't take it because he doesn't trust big pharma.  He made a blanket statement about not trusting big pharma.  If he had said I don't trust how new the vaccine is one thing but claiming broad distrust of bog pharma and having no nuance to the statement leaves someone's opinion to be poked apart with holes as big as the grand canyon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes havok579257's post:
  • jovan66102
My apologies...I'd forgotten that you'd already had Covid and therefore won't take the vax.  It's just that when someone keeps repeating something like "I'm not against (or for) x, but..." it may begin to ring a little hollow and sound like "me thinks she doth protest too much", if you know what I mean.  I'm curious though...hypothetically speaking, if you hadn't had Covid, would you get the vax?

That comment of my wife's dr. may not sound intelligent to you, but the man himself is highly intelligent.  Intelligent enough to graduate near the very top of his class from Duke Univ. (not a school for slouchers) with a degree in chemistry (not a subject for dummies) and then go on to get his M.D. from the Univ. of Maryland.  Even really smart people can make stupid comments.  However, he's basing the comment on nearly 40 years of medical practice and I think he might know what he's talking about.  I'm glad you are able to benefit from Northera.  May it continue to do only good things for you!

I've been around the block a few times and know a thing or two about nuance and politics.  Thank you very much.  I'm well aware of the many shades of nuance in the argument about the vaccine.  That's one reason why I would never condemn someone for choosing to get it. 

I'll leave it to Anon to defend his comments now, if he so desires.

(09-15-2021, 04:34 PM)J Michael Wrote: My apologies...I'd forgotten that you'd already had Covid and therefore won't take the vax.  It's just that when someone keeps repeating something like "I'm not against (or for) x, but..." it may begin to ring a little hollow and sound like "me thinks she doth protest too much", if you know what I mean.  I'm curious though...hypothetically speaking, if you hadn't had Covid, would you get the vax?

That comment of my wife's dr. may not sound intelligent to you, but the man himself is highly intelligent.  Intelligent enough to graduate near the very top of his class from Duke Univ. (not a school for slouchers) with a degree in chemistry (not a subject for dummies) and then go on to get his M.D. from the Univ. of Maryland.  Even really smart people can make stupid comments.  However, he's basing the comment on nearly 40 years of medical practice and I think he might know what he's talking about.  I'm glad you are able to benefit from Northera.  May it continue to do only good things for you!

I've been around the block a few times and know a thing or two about nuance and politics.  Thank you very much.  I'm well aware of the many shades of nuance in the argument about the vaccine.  That's one reason why I would never condemn someone for choosing to get it. 

I'll leave it to Anon to defend his comments now, if he so desires.

I honestly have no idea what I would have done had I not gotten covid.  I work in an ER in a major metro and have seen numerous people and treated numerous with covid.  I have seen an old co-worker from when I worked at the fire department brought into my ER with covid and eventually die from it.  So honestly I have no idea what I would have done.  I just am thankful I got covid before the vaccines were available and that decision was taken out of my hand.  In hindsight I could look back and say obviously covid was not so bad for me when as I didn't die or need hospitalization but at the time, without knowing the future I can't say for certain what I would have done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes havok579257's post:
  • J Michael
I feel like COVID spread through my office in early 2020.