"Intending what the Church does"
I am not fearful.  I'm simply being realistic given the presence of heterodox priests in the Novus Ordo.

You need to take the red pill, not the blue pill.
"[I]t is vain to hope to attract souls to God by a bitter zeal."  Pope St. Pius X.

"If anyone deludes himself by thinking he is serving God, when he has not learned to control his tongue, the service he gives is vain.  If he is to offer service pure and unblemished in the sight of God, who is our Father, he must take care of orphans and widows in their need, and keep himself unstained by the world."  James 1:26-27.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clare Brigid's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
(09-15-2021, 06:32 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: I am not fearful.  I'm simply being realistic given the presence of heterodox priests in the Novus Ordo.

You need to take the red pill, not the blue pill.

I don't need the red or blue pill.  I prefer to just be a Catholic which is neither liberal or conservative according to American politics.  I also am not prejudice against priests who celebrate the NO "unless" I know they have done or said something against the faith.  If not, I assume the best in people, most of all the clergy who are gifted by the Lord with leading us spiritually.
[-] The following 3 users Like havok579257's post:
  • choosetowitness, J Michael, jovan66102
(09-14-2021, 04:42 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: I'm concerned that some priests do actively will not to confect the sacrament.  For them, the Eucharist is only a communal meal.
St Catherine wrote about this problem though in a different form, in the 14th century.
Bl. Anne Catherine Emmerich prophesied that there would be a new church with ineffective sacraments (bread that would not rise).

Let him who can accept it. accept it.
"[I]t is vain to hope to attract souls to God by a bitter zeal."  Pope St. Pius X.

"If anyone deludes himself by thinking he is serving God, when he has not learned to control his tongue, the service he gives is vain.  If he is to offer service pure and unblemished in the sight of God, who is our Father, he must take care of orphans and widows in their need, and keep himself unstained by the world."  James 1:26-27.
Bl. Anne Catherine Emmerich:

Quote:I saw again the new and odd-looking Church which they were trying to build. There was nothing holy about it… People were kneading bread in the crypt below… but it would not rise, nor did they receive the body of Our Lord, but only bread. Those who were in error, through no fault of their own, and who piously and ardently longed for the Body of Jesus were spiritually consoled, but not by their communion. Then, my Guide [Jesus] said: ‘THIS IS BABEL.’