Tips for Managing Anxiety/Depression?
Hello,

I hope you are well. 

I am looking for advice on how to manage mental health, specifically anxiety and depression.

I've suffered from these illnesses on and off over the past few years, but I've entered into a particularly dark mood over the past few weeks. This weekend pretty much all I did was lie on the couch and cry. I feel hollowed out, I have no drive within me, I don't feel like doing anything, I feel hopeless about the future. 

I think that one of the causes of my despondency is the frightening future we're facing in the wake of Covid. Biden's mandate on Thursday really shook me to the core. All weekend I was fretting about being shutout from society, unable to access my bank accounts and support a future family because vaccine passports seem inevitable to me. 

I've been praying but God just feels so far away right now. 

Are you guys feeling similarly? How are you coping? Is it just me? Any thoughts are appreciated. 

St. Dymphna, pray for us!

God bless,

AdmiresAquinas

P.S. I have contacted professionals who can help me, so that's taken care of. I guess what I'm interested in is if anyone else is feeling similarly and how they are coping and planning for the future.
My anxiety and depression are usually linked to struggles with faith. I've never put much hope in politics. And the U.S. used to be pro-sterilization until the Nazis did it and it was globally condemned. Remember, that the weapon of politics is in their own policies. Though some think the order has good legal standing, we have increasingly become more individualist, not less, and that plays a significant aspect in what rulings we still consider legally sound.
https://historyofnewengland.blogspot.com/?m=1
"This guy gets it." Fan mail I've received.
(09-13-2021, 08:37 AM)AdmiresAquinas Wrote: Hello,

I hope you are well. 

I am looking for advice on how to manage mental health, specifically anxiety and depression.

I've suffered from these illnesses on and off over the past few years, but I've entered into a particularly dark mood over the past few weeks. This weekend pretty much all I did was lie on the couch and cry. I feel hollowed out, I have no drive within me, I don't feel like doing anything, I feel hopeless about the future. 

I think that one of the causes of my despondency is the frightening future we're facing in the wake of Covid. Biden's mandate on Thursday really shook me to the core. All weekend I was fretting about being shutout from society, unable to access my bank accounts and support a future family because vaccine passports seem inevitable to me. 

I've been praying but God just feels so far away right now. 

Are you guys feeling similarly? How are you coping? Is it just me? Any thoughts are appreciated. 

St. Dymphna, pray for us!

God bless,

AdmiresAquinas

P.S. I have contacted professionals who can help me, so that's taken care of. I guess what I'm interested in is if anyone else is feeling similarly and how they are coping and planning for the future.
1. The devil vigorously exploits any all-too-human tendencies toward despondency and depression - both legacies of Adam’s sin and our resultant fallen nature.  It may help to bear in mind that he is a liar and that he hates you.  Never believe him or any of his minions, visible or invisible. 

2  Remember to whom you belong. Who created, redeemed, and sanctified you. You are priceless not because of yourself but because Him. The devil tells you you are worthless and your problems insurmountable. He lies. 

3.  Ask your powerful guardian angel to defend and pray for you. 

4.  Although it may seem counterintuitive at a time when you need uplifting yourself, it is astonishing the rejuvenation of mind and spirit that results from making yourself of service to others. It need not be something of great moment. Help someone - and do not mention or even allude to yourself or your own travail. Develop this as a habit ( it takes one month to form a habit, typically). 

5.  Consider some degree of depression to be a penance. This isn’t to say you should “grin and bear” debilitating emotional pain. It is to say that “life as I like it” isn’t completely possible for anyone. Some of what we don’t like MUST be borne. Very well, it is a sliver from Christ’s cross. Bear the cross now, wear the crown later. 

All the best
[-] The following 1 user Likes WWIII's post:
  • J Michael
God works best in the shadows. Praise worship and pray to him.
Feel your feelings, but limit time on social media and tv.
(09-14-2021, 05:32 PM)WWIII Wrote: 4.  Although it may seem counterintuitive at a time when you need uplifting yourself, it is astonishing the rejuvenation of mind and spirit that results from making yourself of service to others. It need not be something of great moment. Help someone - and do not mention or even allude to yourself or your own travail. Develop this as a habit ( it takes one month to form a habit, typically).

Excellent advice.  As you say, it seems counterintuitive.  But from my personal experience, focusing on helping others and forgetting about my worries does a world of good.  It's when I am the most content and fulfilled.
[-] The following 3 users Like jack89's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, J Michael, The Fairy
Easier said then done I suppose but I find myself more at peace when I have a healthy life routine. Eating 3 meals a day, be active, 8 hours of sleep, limit alcohol coffee etc. 

(And I also pray Saint Dymphna and talk to a priest often aswell) 

You're in my prayers!