La Palma volcano (Canary Islands) activity update: Yellow alert for Cumbre Vieja Volc
Quote:Don't know what you mean by your p.s.

sum innernets trolls ackshly be gummint
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
(10-25-2021, 08:42 AM)Blind Horus Wrote:
Quote:Don't know what you mean by your p.s.

sum innernets trolls ackshly be gummint
What troll-ish behavior are you seeing about the La Palma volcano?
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
Oy vey, La Palma volcano?  Did I say anything about La Palma volcano? Other then the tsunami was wishful thinking

Quote:P.S. I'm noticing troll-ish behavior coming out of the Washington District of Columbia digital bureaucrats now days. Sad
So the tsunami is not coming? When this thread started people were worried about this.

Seems the volcano erupted "correctly" as not to make a tsunami?
--BobCatholic 
[-] The following 1 user Likes BobCatholic's post:
  • Zedta
(10-25-2021, 01:54 PM)BobCatholic Wrote: So the tsunami is not coming?  When this thread started people were worried about this. 

Seems the volcano erupted "correctly" as not to make a tsunami?

The thread has had some comments that sort of were off-topic, which I am sure was accidental. Fact is, the eruption of the volcano(s) on La Palma has added some complications to the event. What is most worrisome, is a very large area of land, about the size of Manhattan Island, that is apparently 'loose' and has slid in the past, but stopped. The volcanic activity is a complication. It was thought that EQs would loosen the structure and start a slide of all that mass of soil, to slide at astonishing speed (it is packed up over 6,000 feet high), into the Atlantic Ocean which is thought would create a massive, fast moving tsunami. Personally, being in Florida, I've had an interest in it since the last alert in the late 70's, where a slide began and ended prior to causing a disaster.

Most of the reports on this phenomena, are worse case scenarios. The tidal wave could hit the east coast of North and South America and the Caribbean Islands, with the force of just a ripple of a wave to a monster of 150 feet tall wave moving at 500 mph. One can only hope that what actions are taking place now, with many EQs and volcanism, will mitigate any effects away from the Island.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • Grandma, J Michael
My wife says Bush is a great person. Meh

He generously suggests it's only a mistake (or is it someone stirring the conspiracy pot to see what bubbles up? (I like that one better (  -  : )
[-] The following 2 users Like Blind Horus's post:
  • Grandma, Zedta
Update, uploaded ca. 16.00 CST. The smoke has crossed the Atlantic.

Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Grandma, Zedta
Something you dont see everyday 

If I were a European country I'd consider exiting the European Union right about now but the focus is on the United States for some reason. Has Francis weighed in on La Palma? I remember Saint Helens blew on St Pope John Paul's II brithday...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • Zedta
Update, uploaded at around 15.00 CST, 30/10/21.

Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(10-26-2021, 02:00 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Update, uploaded ca. 16.00 CST. The smoke has crossed the Atlantic.

The state of unbelievable has dispatched police to issue the volcano some tickets for violating their no smoking law :)
--BobCatholic 
[-] The following 3 users Like BobCatholic's post:
  • Grandma, J Michael, jovan66102