La Palma volcano (Canary Islands) activity update: Yellow alert for Cumbre Vieja Volc
(10-25-2021, 01:54 PM)BobCatholic Wrote: So the tsunami is not coming?  When this thread started people were worried about this. 

Seems the volcano erupted "correctly" as not to make a tsunami?

The thread has had some comments that sort of were off-topic, which I am sure was accidental. Fact is, the eruption of the volcano(s) on La Palma has added some complications to the event. What is most worrisome, is a very large area of land, about the size of Manhattan Island, that is apparently 'loose' and has slid in the past, but stopped. The volcanic activity is a complication. It was thought that EQs would loosen the structure and start a slide of all that mass of soil, to slide at astonishing speed (it is packed up over 6,000 feet high), into the Atlantic Ocean which is thought would create a massive, fast moving tsunami. Personally, being in Florida, I've had an interest in it since the last alert in the late 70's, where a slide began and ended prior to causing a disaster.

Most of the reports on this phenomena, are worse case scenarios. The tidal wave could hit the east coast of North and South America and the Caribbean Islands, with the force of just a ripple of a wave to a monster of 150 feet tall wave moving at 500 mph. One can only hope that what actions are taking place now, with many EQs and volcanism, will mitigate any effects away from the Island.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • Grandma, J Michael

Messages In This Thread
RE: La Palma volcano (Canary Islands) activity update: Yellow alert for Cumbre Vieja Volc - by Zedta - 10-25-2021, 03:11 PM