Divine Mercy opinions
(09-14-2021, 05:56 PM)rq146 Wrote: Oh, this apparition is contested? Great... we've got a giant painting of it in our church.
Is it still not approved? A cursory search turned up an article from 2019 saying it's not approved yet. Is there one place where someone can reliably check the approval status of apparitions?

Oh, it's 'approved' alright. 'Approved' in spite of multiple condemnations by the Congregation of the Index. That's where the controversy arises. 
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(09-14-2021, 05:59 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Oh, it's 'approved' alright. 'Approved' in spite of multiple condemnations by the Congregation of the Index. That's where the controversy arises.
Thanks, good enough for me. I threw out the card I had with that image on it.
As a recent convert, I've got bigger priorities than reading about some controversial thing that isn't necessary for salvation.
[-] The following 2 users Like rq146's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, jovan66102
(09-14-2021, 05:09 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: I have questions about both private revelations.
i don't really know anything about the divine mercy devotion except my friend told me that the original image aligns perfectly with the shroud of turin, which of course doesn't mean it's approved or anything like that, i just thought it was interesting.

the sacred heart devotion on the other hand was something that people (st. gertrude the great, st. john eudes, etc.) had been encouraging for centuries before st. margaret mary's apostleship. in that way it's sort of like the immaculate conception (in fact, in one of st. margaret mary's letters there's a postscript that doesn't appear to refer to anything else that says simply "Mary was conceived without sin."). and that's all i know. pray for me that i might become devoted to the sacred heart!
[-] The following 1 user Likes dayafter's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
Saint Faustian had a prophecy that the movement would be shut down after her death, as in life it experienced so many difficulties. This is called the Sign of Contradiction and it’s usually proof of the authenticity of such visions. In the case of The prohibition on the Divine Mercy devotion the prohibition was rescinded by the 1978 Notification from the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.

Devotion to God’s Mercy is not novel but it can be considered as having been forgotten in a sense, or at least disregarded to some degree. St Faustina’s Devotion to the Divine Mercy rightfully belongs to all the People of God, it is thoroughly Scriptural and traditional as well. I testify myself that the Divine Mercy devotion is essential for the Church in these Last Days so filled with spiritual warfare. Turn to God’s Mercy and you will experience miracles! I literally just saw a guy the other day standing on a corner with a sign, probably a Protestant? But his sign just said Trust in Jesus! I thought, Wow! Thank you Faustina! Thank you for the reminder! Because losing trust in Jesus is, in my opinion, (in these dark times) tantamount to apostasy. At the least, it is very grave matter.
On the fence. I think a polish Pope wanted a polish saint..
God forgive me if I'm wrong and the church is right .

I know of one excerpt to the diary, where the Host of Christ flew out of the Tabernacle and into her mouth according to St. Faustina.
(09-14-2021, 08:31 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: On the fence. I think a polish Pope wanted a polish saint..
God forgive me if I'm wrong and the church is right .

I know of one excerpt to the diary, where the Host of Christ flew out of the Tabernacle and into her mouth according to St. Faustina.

Wow, really. My wife has the diary. I need to find this passage.
[-] The following 1 user Likes choosetowitness's post:
  • AnaCarolina1