Militant mindset and what to do about it
Ever since I was a tween, I have had a militant mindset towards other people and towards the world, in part from bullying and paranoia. I have misanthropic tendencies and see the world as a warzone, if not physical, then spiritual, and while I would never willingly hurt anyone, I would like to keep them uncomfortable with me, so that they do not corrupt me. Like one afraid of Covid, I have imagined trying to keep people afraid of me, so that they keep their distance. I love people, but I would like to keep them at a barge pole distance, unless they can TRULY be trusted. I am in a bowling league at an Elk's Lodge that my dad is a member of, and I do not relate to their "Americanism" really. I remember them doing the pledge of allegiance one time, and I simply stood there as they did it. The flag...is just an old rag to me. I no longer know what it means to be an American tbh. I have lost faith in elections . I could have, if I were still a kid, and ignorant of God. But I see people as usually if not maliciously, than ignorantly harmful to me and my faith. I often picture older me as a grizzled hermit who has but few friends and except for Church, work and a couple other reasons, who stay home and become a living time capsule. I am 24 years old...and I no longer relate to the world around me. It has changed so much since I was a kid, and I wish to keep separate from the world and people... as much as I can. I am a bunker mindset kind of guy. I am like one of my old toys that I no longer play with...stuck in a world I no longer relate to. 

😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐
"If we do not supply the chains, who will chain the supplies?"

Karl Marx I PROMISE it will work this time Vol 3

"Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!"

A German...possibly
[-] The following 1 user Likes Anon777's post:
  • NoliTardare
Do you like thinking and acting this way? It's not a healthy mindset.

After reading what you had to say on your trolling thread, I think you might want to work on being more open to others, to be more Christ-like. You'll being happier for it in the long run.
[-] The following 2 users Like jack89's post:
  • jovan66102, The Tax Collector
I can relate to most of what you've said. Early Christians, who lived in a pagan society just like ours, had this kind of attitude. They had some kind of contempt of the world, I think. However, there's also a "missionary" part in a Christian's life. So, each Catholic should love his own nation and his flag and (when possible) try to make it more Catholic. We should really be more open to others. I'm not saying you have to try to convert to your faith each person you meet (we are Catholics, not Ayatollahs), but, after some time you know a person the topic of religion comes up and he might be curious about yours. it's nice to discuss religion even with atheist or muslims and listen to what are their views, their opinions. I, for instance, until some time ago didn't know Mary and Jesus are in the Qouran as well.
Ipsam sequens non devias, ipsam rogans non desperas, ipsam cogitans non erras.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoliTardare's post:
  • Anon777
Piety is a virtue, and that includes honoring what one owes to one's country (patriotism). It doesn't mean love of one's government, but love of one's people, nation, and home. It doesn't mean thinking everything the leaders of one's nation do is great and good, but it means civic participation, working (according to one's station in life and the gifts one has been given) for the good of one's country, loving one's people and willing their good, etc.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with being a hermit. As long as one is a loving hermit. Only you, God, and maybe your priest know if you are. Think about it deeply.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 4 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • Anon777, CatholicMamato5, HailGilbert, jovan66102
I didn’t get patriotic until my late 20s. That kind of disenfranchisement is normal, I think, considering that as a Catholic you are a minority. Patriotism is sort of like loving the pope, it’s like, ok, I don’t know about some of the things you do or say, but you’re still my Father(Motherland).

And you’re not a hermit. I asked a bishop about being a hermit and they said it’s really only for people who have been in religious community for a while. Canon law has permissions for hermits and acknowledges their vocation—but I think you’ll have a difficult time ever being acknowledged by a Church that pays more attention to Faucis tweets and Fr. James Martin SJ’s gay grandstanding. Better you focus on your life here and now. What God will reveal in the future will be. Trust in God’s Mercy and you will learn to be merciful rather than militant—maybe militantly merciful.
[-] The following 2 users Like dontmindatall's post:
  • Anon777, HailGilbert
(09-16-2021, 12:42 AM)VoxClamantis Wrote: Piety is a virtue, and that includes honoring what one owes to one's country (patriotism). It doesn't mean love of one's government, but love of one's people, nation, and home. It doesn't mean thinking everything the leaders of one's nation do is great and good, but it means civic participation, working (according to one's station in life and the gifts one has been given) for the good of one's country, loving one's people and willing their good, etc.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with being a hermit. As long as one is a loving hermit. Only you, God, and maybe your priest know if you are. Think about it deeply.
I would like to keep as much out of the world as possible and me a shut in, not that I like it too much, but I find the modern world...corrupting, and would like to self isolate myself as much as possible to keep the corruption at bay. 

😐😐😐😐😐
"If we do not supply the chains, who will chain the supplies?"

Karl Marx I PROMISE it will work this time Vol 3

"Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!"

A German...possibly