Why Are Farmers Being Forced To Destroy Their Crops?
This video is really good. The 'food shortages' are manufactured by our own government. Here are some of them speaking out and they have the paperwork to prove it. [No, the video is NOT in Spanish]

[Edit to add, just in case YouTube pulls the video, here's an alternative source: https://www.brighteon.com/bf8c76cc-3aa4-...a42abea353 ]
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • HailGilbert, J Michael
Well, if true, that's pretty scary.  As if we don't have enough to worry about...
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • Zedta
https://www.greenmatters.com/p/governmen...troy-crops

The problem is multi-faceted. I know quite a few farmers here in the PNW (mostly wheat, garbanzos, etc) and I've talked with some about this over the years. The grain farmers are better off as they can store their harvest for quite some time. Beef, pork, chicken, milk, fresh fruits and vegetables, are a different matter. Couple that with the notes from the link above, subsidies are only paid so far as farmers are actually producing. So there are times where it makes sense to destroy product that cannot be sold and keep producing rather than forgo subsidies.

The statement that "[i]n the U.S. (and many other countries), the agriculture industry would essentially collapse without the government, as the government uses taxpayer money to give billions of dollars in subsidies to farmers every year," would be true if the government immediately pulled the plug. I think we can wean farmers off the government teat over some time. But I do agree that the farm dole does help smooth out the boom and bust associated with agriculture.

But in the OP's video, no we aren't going to be facing mass starvation. There may be 8 months of total food supply at any given moment. And if all farmers destroyed all their current crops we might have a shortage. But a) not *all* farmers are destroying crops and b) no farmers are destroying *all* their crops. Only surplus is being destroyed.
To love for the sake of being loved is human;
  to love for the sake of loving is angelic.

-- Alphonse de Lamartine

Tiber Swim Team '04
[-] The following 2 users Like Suudy's post:
  • J Michael, Zedta
"Boots on the ground" info is always a good thing. Thanks, Suudy for your input and sense. I put it out there just for this kind of response.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • HailGilbert, J Michael
In High School Economics, and later University, the problem of subsidies and their tendency to cause overproduction were bolstered by the tales of the great "butter mountains" across Europe from farmers significantly over producing.

Closer to home, the Potato Board in Western Australia was abolished a few years ago. Annual production quotas which, if exceeded, meant produce sent to landfill.