I was watching Africans play soccer
I was in the park watching Africans play soccer, Nigerians mostly I think because they sounded like Nigerians, laughing happy jolly laughs.  They all seemed very happy, 6 aside playing high quality football.  I watched them for 30 minutes while my daughter and friends had lacrosse practice. That made my week.
[-] The following 2 users Like ZeroM's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, Jeeter
(09-23-2021, 11:40 PM)ZeroM Wrote: I was in the park watching Africans play soccer, Nigerians mostly I think because they sounded like Nigerians, laughing happy jolly laughs.  They all seemed very happy, 6 aside playing high quality football.  I watched them for 30 minutes while my daughter and friends had lacrosse practice. That made my week.

Football (soccer for the Yanks) is truly 'The Beautiful Game'.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, Drolo, Jeeter
[Image: _1iP6d.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Drolo's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
(09-23-2021, 11:40 PM)ZeroM Wrote: I was in the park watching Africans play soccer, Nigerians mostly I think because they sounded like Nigerians, laughing happy jolly laughs.  They all seemed very happy, 6 aside playing high quality football.  I watched them for 30 minutes while my daughter and friends had lacrosse practice. That made my week.
I personally hate soccer, football, and baseball. Bowling is the true gentleman's game
"If we do not supply the chains, who will chain the supplies?"

Karl Marx I PROMISE it will work this time Vol 3

"Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!"

A German...possibly
I prefer  tennis. My son's were Varsity. I started them young.

My daughter plays too. It's a sport that does not require an entire team and older adults can play into retirement.

Now my husband and sons are diehard baseball fans too and anything with a ball..football, soccer,and so on.
I think sports should be for fun. My husband thinks differently.

I brought my Yorkie to tennis practice today and the girls were so happy to see him and he was happy to see them too.