The Death of the White Race
(09-25-2021, 12:15 PM)Justin Tertius Wrote: So those are some of the assumptions I bring to this. The problem with racial language is that it is really close to racist thought (I know that that is a bogey word, but it is a real temptation.) I really think that most Americans, if you just left them to their devices and stopped reminding them that we are different skin colours would, we would forget about race. 

For example, I didn't realize I was in an "inter-racial" relationship until maybe two and a half years of our relationship. It didn't occur to me to care.

My daughter in law is Filipina, and my other son has dated Latinas.  Not a big deal to me, but that doesn't mean I ignore racial and cultural difference, and neither do they.  We talk about them amongst ourselves and no one gets offended.  We've made jokes about our differences, and that's fine because we know there is no malice.

Recognizing differences doesn't have to be negative, but unfortunately sometime they are.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jack89's post:
  • J Michael
(09-25-2021, 12:27 PM)NoliTardare Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 11:53 AM)Jesuitical Wrote: Yet an environment that is evidently popular among (and to varying degrees hospitable to) that toxic minority is not the one for me. Goodbye.

Sorry if I ask, but are you suggesting to kick out of here everyone that has a different opinion from yours?
As long as one is open to reasonable discussion why would you exclude him from public debate?

(09-24-2021, 08:29 AM)SacraCor714 Wrote: As the Afghans and Hatians stream across our southern border and are transported by taxpayer dollars all across our country, it really hits home for me how much the Establishment hates white Americans. They are replacing us. They are killing us with this vaccine, heartily encouraging us to abort our children or have no children at all, making us sick with processed food and telling us a healthy diet is high carb and low fat, driving us to higher rates of suicide and depression with lockdowns...all the while these illegal aliens, none of who are vaccinated, with no interest in adapting to American culture or even learning our language, reproduce at insane rates and take over entire communities. 

We are being replaced. Whites will be in the minority in about 20 years. 

They are killing our unborn children with this vaccine. 

They are replacing us with foreign workers when we quit our jobs because we don't want the jab. 

Don't be ashamed to be white, folks. And don't be afraid to fight for your white heritage that your ancestors bought with their blood.

Because the gibberish quoted above is not subject to ‘reason’ at all — it is ideological and conspiratorial.

I am not suggesting you kick anyone. I am simply voicing what I believe to be true and what I also believe to be worth saying, and explaining why despite the riches of the main site, I will not be staying.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jesuitical's post:
  • N4ptime
(09-25-2021, 12:42 PM)Jesuitical Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 11:53 AM)Jesuitical Wrote: Yet an environment that is evidently popular among (and to varying degrees hospitable to) that toxic minority is not the one for me. Goodbye.

Sorry if I ask, but are you suggesting to kick out of here everyone that has a different opinion from yours?
As long as one is open to reasonable discussion why would you exclude him from public debate?

(09-24-2021, 08:29 AM)SacraCor714 Wrote: As the Afghans and Hatians stream across our southern border and are transported by taxpayer dollars all across our country, it really hits home for me how much the Establishment hates white Americans. They are replacing us. They are killing us with this vaccine, heartily encouraging us to abort our children or have no children at all, making us sick with processed food and telling us a healthy diet is high carb and low fat, driving us to higher rates of suicide and depression with lockdowns...all the while these illegal aliens, none of who are vaccinated, with no interest in adapting to American culture or even learning our language, reproduce at insane rates and take over entire communities. 

They are replacing us with foreign workers when we quit our jobs because we don't want the jab. 

Don't be ashamed to be white, folks. And don't be afraid to fight for your white heritage that your ancestors bought with their blood.

Because the gibberish quoted above is not subject to ‘reason’ at all — it is ideological and conspiratorial.

I am not suggesting you kick anyone. I am simply voicing what I believe to be true and what I also believe to be worth saying, and explaining why despite the riches of the main site, I will not be staying.

Well, I'm not from the USA, so I can't say what exactly happening over there. But, speaking in terms of "mega-trends", I think on western media there is "a tad" of anti-white ideology and resentful feelings towards our past. And western governments are indeed promoting contraceptives and permitting abortion instead of creating the conditions for families to have a lot of children.
Introducing in a society people that has no business being there whose first act towards the country they wish to live in is violating a border without permission it does create problems on the long run, I don't think one can reasonably deny that.
I, for one, think borders have a sacrality.
"We thought we could stay healthy in a sick world" - Pope.
(09-25-2021, 12:15 PM)Justin Tertius Wrote: 3) Ethnicity is also not racial, in the way these terms are usually used. A race usually means a broad category of people (the white race, the Asian race) and an ethnicity is usually specific and national, though not always (i.e. I'm French, but I'm actually Breton so I'm Celtic, though I speak French.)

That's cool.  So, you're from Brittany? I've read a little about the province and it seems pretty interesting.  Do they still play bagpipes there? 

I visited Galicia in Spain a few years ago when I hiked the Camino and they still have a pretty strong Celtic identity.  I loved it. 

I would to see those cultures maintained for a little while longer.  Unfortunately I think mass immigration into either of them will quickly destroy them. 

BTW, ethnicity has an ancestral component.  Ancestry has a lot to do with DNA, so if that's a more palatable term, I'm good with that as well.  I have an extensive family tree that I've compared to my DNA tests, and they match pretty well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jack89's post:
  • J Michael
(09-25-2021, 12:42 PM)Jesuitical Wrote:

I agree with Justin Tertius, it's a question of culture and identity, not race, but it's true that there are movements of hatred against the whites: BLM for example. So you have people who are racial supremacists and they use their race as an identity against whites, not just white supremacists, such as KKK, there are also other racial supremacists, who are more today.

About immigration, Saint Thomas Aquinas already differentiated between peaceful immigration, which seeks to integrate, and hostile immigration, filling a country with people who are not going to integrate and are going to form ghettos is a serious problem, having these tremendous divisions in a country is a serious problem, and in the long run it will end badly, but it is not a question of race, there are perfectly integrated blacks, the problem is that there are many who do not. 

It is the same with immigrants, there are peaceful ones who are integrated, and there are those who do not, and it is the duty of the country to defend its borders and decide which are peaceful and which are hostile, and decide how many immigrants are assimilable, letting anyone in without a filter is crazy and not catholic, If this is not stopped this will end up like Yugoslavia.

For example, In Spain Jews had to choose between being converted or expelled in 1492, under the rule of the "Catholic Kings", Were the Catholic Kings racist, nazis, bad catholics, or some other label that is put on us today to those who oppose this madness? In 1502 muslims had to make the same decision. say, "tolerance"  and "multiculturalism"  as understood by liberals are modern ideas and not at all Catholic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Drolo's post:
  • NoliTardare
Quote:Just on the side, what technology do the Mexicans have that Americans don't have...

Technology doesn't always necessarily mean high-tech . My old neighbor from Mexico did things different. For instance I was helping him set two posts about 40 feet apart. He wanted both posts the same height so he got a piece of garden hose and when the water level was at the same height at both ends the he knew the posts were at the same height. He joking called it a Mexican level. It worked both ways though, for instance he had dug a long and deep drainage trench (by hand) in his yard and had a load of 3/4 minus rock delivered. He would try to shovel it out from the side of the pile (which won't work) so he comes to ask me how. Take it from the bottom. He was overjoyed and I helped him move the pile (for a while). Now Russians, though, are a whole 'nother ball of wax...
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
While race is an important part of what makes us who we are, it is by far not the big pivot point of history. I find it a lot easier to get along with sensible people of any race than deluded white people.

At the end of the day, western society doesn't have a black or a brown problem--it has a white people problem. This is where all the left wing fanaticism and evil, anti societal ideas come from. One can not really respect others if they can't respect themselves. If white westerners respected themselves, a lot of the problems would be eventually sorted out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orthodox Andy's post:
  • J Michael
As long as my neighbors do not drain the government, are good citizens and have good kids and take care of property I could not care if they are even martians.

23 and me told me I'm from Saxony (Anglo Saxon,) from Netherlands and Scandinavia...very conservative but I know where Jesus was born.kwim?
(09-25-2021, 10:10 AM)Justin Tertius Wrote: (snip) Also, Swedes and Greeks have minor racial and cultural differences? This is the problem with thinking in terms of a racial framework. The Greeks and he Swedes are probably as far apart as two European cultures can be. You can't just lump them into together because white. 

And the things that they have in common actually come from something other than their skin colour; their religion. The only thing that would unify Greeks and Swedes would be a common Christian culture and understanding of how the world is ordered and operates (which is mostly lost at this point.) 

Which is why I think Catholics should avoid using this racial language.

I'd be thrilled to never, ever have to talk about "black" and "white" in terms of race ever again. I loathe racism. The problem is, though, that the CRT types and "the powers that be" are bean-counters who work against and hate those they deem "white." People with lighter flesh, though very different culturally, are put into one box labeled "white" and are attacked as "whites" (see https://tinyurl.com/y2ztn2jk). Defending against it automatically sounds "racist" because of how they've set up the terms of any arguments: defend "white people," you're "racist"; hate "white people," you're woke; refuse to get involved, you're "racist." There's no way to win the game.

Using racial language is tricky, as can be seen by the response from the Jesuit guy who posted earlier. It takes an inordinate amount of prudence to do it without being offensive, which is why I tend to cringe when I see racial stuff being brought up. We do have to defend against CRT, etc. (in a big way), but going about it with real charity and big time prudence is key. Some folks will be offended no matter what, though, so -- whatever.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
(09-25-2021, 06:46 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: Some folks will be offended no matter what, though, so -- whatever.

I'm in basic agreement with JT and you, Vox.

I'm reminded of an exchange I had about 40 years ago with a Nazi. He was not a 'neo-Nazi' he was a convinced German Nazi and a veteran of the Wehrmacht. He had established a group called the 'World Union of Europeans'. He was trying to convince me to join and promote the group in a small review I was publishing at the time. When I refused, he accused me of being afraid I'd be called a 'racist'.

I told him I'd been called a racist and much worse, which I just let roll off me like water off a duck's back. However, I admitted to being a 'culturalist', to coin a term. I pointed out that the basic difference between us was that, to him, an Albanian Muslim who ritually slaughters his goat in his living room is a 'European'. To me, he is not, he's an alien jihadist.

To me, however, an African, black as the ace of spades, born in Gabon, raised speaking French, educated in the classics in a French Collège and Lycée, who reads La Croix, and who attends the Traditional Latin Mass is a European. To him, he is just a black savage.

I am proud to be a culturalist. I would argue that our Græco-Roman Catholic Civilisation and Culture, which is currently under attack on all sides, is the highest point that human civilisation has ever reached, but I see absolutely no racial component in it. Anyone can possess it if they so desire and it can be learned, as it has been for centuries, tho', of course, the Left would accuse anyone not born into it who wants to become part of it of 'self-hatred' and 'voluntary deracination'.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Jeeter, Sword of St. Michael