The Death of the White Race
(09-27-2021, 05:54 AM)choosetowitness Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 05:23 AM)Jesuitical Wrote: As has been pointed out, language matters. Unfortunately, I cannot help but feel that the reactionary American 'culture wars', rather than the Gospel, appears to be the 'starting point' of far too many of you. Many of you may be 'in too deep' to be able see it.

I agree with this in general - not necessarily about anyone on the board. And I'm not even talking about race when it comes to it. But sooo many people at my own parish have as their "ground floor" the USA and the Republican Party - as if either of those institutions give a damn about the true faith or living it. Then these (otherwise good-meaning people) struggle to fit their Catholic truths into a political box for easy-presentation and it's embarrassing to watch.

Neither the USA nor the Republican party are Catholic, but part of living the Gospel is sharing it with others, and it's very hard to share it with people whose mothers murder them in the womb. It's hard to raise one's children to live a Catholic life when they're surrounded by teachers who promote all sorts of racism and perversity, and many of the other children they're around will eat it up. Caring about the souls of those children is living the Gospel, too. 'Separation of church and state' isn't Catholic - especially if it means that Catholics shouldn't be involved in politics and should care nothing about what happens in this world. To the extent it means temporal and spiritual authority is separate, that's one thing, but it doesn't mean that you leave your beliefs in church and out of the voting booth. The Republicans aren't perfect - far from it - but they're much, much better than the Democrats on almost every issue.

We're suppose to love our neighbour. It doesn't seem very loving to me to allow other people to move into your neighbour's house, use the resources he worked hard for, and maybe assault his wife and children while they're there. Yet the Democrats - and many of the bishops - think it means allowing millions of people to move into the country, whatever the consequences are for those already here. Our responsibility is first to save our own soul, then our family, then town, then nation, and only lastly all of mankind. We're supposed to feed the poor, but if feeding them means our children starve, that's not charity. That's not the Gospel. Nor is it charitable to allow those we live with and share a society with to do things that are harmful to others, by thinking politics is something Christians shouldn't be involved in.
[-] The following 7 users Like Paul's post:
  • choosetowitness, Eric F, HailGilbert, J Michael, jack89, Jeeter, jovan66102
(09-27-2021, 04:33 PM)Paul Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 05:54 AM)choosetowitness Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 05:23 AM)Jesuitical Wrote: As has been pointed out, language matters. Unfortunately, I cannot help but feel that the reactionary American 'culture wars', rather than the Gospel, appears to be the 'starting point' of far too many of you. Many of you may be 'in too deep' to be able see it.

I agree with this in general - not necessarily about anyone on the board. And I'm not even talking about race when it comes to it. But sooo many people at my own parish have as their "ground floor" the USA and the Republican Party - as if either of those institutions give a damn about the true faith or living it. Then these (otherwise good-meaning people) struggle to fit their Catholic truths into a political box for easy-presentation and it's embarrassing to watch.

Neither the USA nor the Republican party are Catholic, but part of living the Gospel is sharing it with others, and it's very hard to share it with people whose mothers murder them in the womb. It's hard to raise one's children to live a Catholic life when they're surrounded by teachers who promote all sorts of racism and perversity, and many of the other children they're around will eat it up. Caring about the souls of those children is living the Gospel, too. 'Separation of church and state' isn't Catholic - especially if it means that Catholics shouldn't be involved in politics and should care nothing about what happens in this world. To the extent it means temporal and spiritual authority is separate, that's one thing, but it doesn't mean that you leave your beliefs in church and out of the voting booth. The Republicans aren't perfect - far from it - but they're much, much better than the Democrats on almost every issue.

We're suppose to love our neighbour. It doesn't seem very loving to me to allow other people to move into your neighbour's house, use the resources he worked hard for, and maybe assault his wife and children while they're there. Yet the Democrats - and many of the bishops - think it means allowing millions of people to move into the country, whatever the consequences are for those already here. Our responsibility is first to save our own soul, then our family, then town, then nation, and only lastly all of mankind. We're supposed to feed the poor, but if feeding them means our children starve, that's not charity. That's not the Gospel. Nor is it charitable to allow those we live with and share a society with to do things that are harmful to others, by thinking politics is something Christians shouldn't be involved in.

Brother, I agree with you completely. I am not in any way advocating for anything the Democrats do or propose. 

"Our responsibility is first to save our own soul, then our family, then town, then nation, and only lastly all of mankind"

I'm just working on the bolded part here first. 
Jesuits should not join a traditional Catholic forum unless they are willing to listen respectfully. 

It’s rude and foolish to join a forum and immediately start bashing its members. Most of us have been here for a very long time, and this forum is the only place that we feel safe and respected. People like you usually do not last long.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SacraCor714's post:
  • jovan66102
(09-28-2021, 07:48 AM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Jesuits should not join a traditional Catholic forum unless they are willing to listen respectfully. 

It’s rude and foolish to join a forum and immediately start bashing its members. Most of us have been here for a very long time, and this forum is the only place that we feel safe and respected. People like you usually do not last long.

Beyond that, welcome to the Tank!
"Especially will I do this if the Lord make known to me that you come together man by man in common through grace, individually, in one faith, and in Jesus Christ... so that you obey the bishop and the presbytery with an undivided mind, breaking one and the same bread, which is the medicine of immortality, and the antidote to prevent us from dying, but which causes that we should live for ever in Jesus Christ." St. Ignatius of Antioch

"But Polycarp... waving his hand towards them, while with groans he look up to heaven, said, 'Away with the Atheists.'" Martyrdom of Polycarp
[-] The following 1 user Likes Justin Tertius's post:
  • Jesuitical
I am not a Jesuit (it’s a Waugh reference) and rest assured I do not intend to last long.

It is interesting that you seem to hold a (Protestant?) anti-Jesuit prejudice though!
(09-28-2021, 02:47 PM)Jesuitical Wrote: I am not a Jesuit (it’s a Waugh reference) and rest assured I intend not to last long.

It is interesting that you seem to hold a (Protestant?) anti-Jesuit prejudice though!
The Jesuits were for the longest time an order of intellectuals, but then they drank the koolaid of liberalism and modernism back in the day. They have been heavily subverted, though there probably ARE a few good orders, they have been pozzed. And I DO believe that there is persecution of whites, by a conglomeration of globalists, marxists, and black supremacists for the same reason the Nazis blamed the Jews: They want someone to blame for their mistakes and screw ups and then they propose a solution. 

Poetic  🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃
"If we do not supply the chains, who will chain the supplies?"

Karl Marx I PROMISE it will work this time Vol 3

"Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!"

A German...possibly
(09-28-2021, 02:47 PM)Jesuitical Wrote: I am not a Jesuit (it’s a Waugh reference) and rest assured I do not intend to last long.

Apparently you are not even a Christian, much less a Catholic. What exactly are you doing here?
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SacraCor714's post:
  • jack89
I don't have a Protestant anti-Jesuit prejudice.  I have a Catholic anti-Jesuit prejudice.
(09-28-2021, 04:01 PM)Publicanus Wrote: I don't have a Protestant anti-Jesuit prejudice.  I have a Catholic anti-Jesuit prejudice.

I think you're just a troll, and that's why you keep saying you don't intend to stay long.  You came here to make trouble.  Are you having fun yet?
[-] The following 1 user Likes jack89's post:
  • jovan66102
(09-28-2021, 04:48 PM)jack89 Wrote: I think you're just a troll, and that's why you keep saying you don't intend to stay long.  You came here to make trouble.  Are you having fun yet?

I suppose he tipped us off in his handle. No Catholic wants to be associated with the swamp of modernism, heresy, and liberalism that the Jesuits have become since the Council. As my former Spiritual Director (R+I+P), who entered the Order in 1947, said when he came back from Vietnam after the Council, 'This is not the Order I joined'. Since he was actually a Catholic, he left the Jesuits.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • jack89