LotR Nerds
Sad 
Also my dad is retiring soon, which means I will be without insurance or on state insurance...which is a problem when you consider that some of the meds I take are expensive...which means I may not be able to function to the ability I would like ( one of the meds eats a whole weeks worth of minimum wage pay) and I do not know what to do other than ration meds sparingly

☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹☹
"If we do not supply the chains, who will chain the supplies?"

Karl Marx I PROMISE it will work this time Vol 3

"Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!"

A German...possibly
Mark Ordesky's elf gene (honed by D&D) was put to good use producing the movie of the 21th century from the greatest book of the 20th. It all seemed so miraculously timed.

Nerds of the Ring

Great interview (around 2 hours long) pay attention at the end
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
(10-15-2021, 08:14 AM)Anon777 Wrote: Am i the only one that has not had a single interest in LotR or any of its spinoffs/I would prefer it if it were not in a fairy tale setting...but in a modern world war setting with tanks and guns and bombs instead of wizards and goblins and all that jazz? I like Tolkein as a person bt his work I am just not interested in.
Well, medieval fantasy does not displease me excessively, but it is true that I prefer the period from the 19th century to the end of the WWII. That does not mean that I do not like the Middle Ages or their fantasy versions, or other historical periods, but it does mean that I like this period more for aesthetics, interest in historical events and the type of war that was being carried out.  My favorite time and place is Austria between 1848 and 1870.

In the war, yes, I'm more interested in the Crimean War -for example- than the War of the Ring, but I see it as a simple matter of personal taste.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Drolo's post:
  • jovan66102
Samwise sings The Fall of Gil-galad

LOTR - Song of Gil-Galad

++++++++++++++

But try singing to the tune of Yankee Doodle. 

It fits perfect:)

Gil-galad was an Elven-king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing;
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the Mountains and the Sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen.
His shining helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star