FBI Admits It Doesn't Track Leftist Violence
I never thought I'd say this, but oh, for the days of J. Edgar! The FBI would have been on Antifa and BLM like white on rice! 50 years ago, when I was on the radical left, it was a standing joke that the only way the CPUSA and similar groups were able to exist was on the dues paid by FBI informants.

From Townhall
By Spencer Brown
During the misnamed "Summer of Love," riots, looting, vandalism, and political violence was carried out by radical leftists under the (often literal) Antifa and Black Lives Matter banners. The violent leftists besieged federal property, private businesses, law enforcement, and private citizens with costly, deadly, and devastating outcomes.
Joe Biden and other Democrats turned a blind eye to the violence for political reasons in a stunning show of hypocritical double standards. In too many cases, Democrats even encouraged more leftist violence. As it turns out, the Federal Bureau of Investigation turned a blind eye to those carrying out the riots and looting too.
In a congressional hearing last week titled "Confronting Violent White Supremacy (Part VI): Examining the Biden Administration’s Counterterrorism Strategy," FBI Assistant Director of Counterterrorism Timothy Langan said that the Bureau doesn't consider Antifa to be an "organization," and as such does not have specific information on the group's activities. 
In response to a question about how much violence or domestic terrorism Antifa committed in recent years from Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC), Langan had nothing to offer. 
"Under the anti-government category or subcategory of domestic terrorism — would that include groups like Antifa or Black Lives Matter, folks who commit violence or acts of domestic terrorism?" Mace asked.
"Well, we don't identify groups but individuals' actions," Langan responded. "So if individuals are committing actions that would be in furtherance of anti-government or anarchist ideals then they would fall into that category."
"So would you quantify Antifa as an anarchist group under then that subcategory?" Mace pressed. "I mean, it's an anarchist group, right?"
"The director has previously described them as a 'movement' and there have been individuals that have associated or identified with Antifa that have conducted violent acts that we would categorize as anarchist," was all that Langan could offer of the mere "movement" of Antifa. 
Mace continued, asking "how many acts of violence or domestic terrorism has Antifa committed over the last two years?"
Again, Langan has nothing to offer. "Since we don’t categorize Antifa, nor do we calculate or collate information regarding Antifa, that movement, we don’t have that,” said the senior FBI counterterrorism official. “But we can provide you information on anarchist threats and cases in general."

"How many open cases of anarchist violence and domestic terrorism have occurred over the last two years?" Mace asked, seeking any data that might quantify any accountability for those who razed neighborhoods and federal property.
"So we have, as far as arrest activities for the anti-government/anti-authority we have 75 total arrests," Langan responded.
Mace's questioning sought answers to what many Americans wonder — how American cities could be held under siege by Antifa and BLM for months while elected officials failed to address the situation. 
There was no concern for the Wuhan coronavirus as massive maskless crowds took to city streets and few arrests or charges filed by Democrat district attorneys for those who vandalized and burned businesses or government property. 
Liberal mayors allowed so-called autonomous zones to become festering pits of crime and filth. And now it turns out the nation's top law enforcement agency doesn't even have numbers on Antifa violence and apparently arrested fewer than 100 people for engaging in anti-government activities.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • choosetowitness, Louis IX
In order to track left-wing violence, the FBI would have to investigate themselves.
[-] The following 5 users Like choosetowitness's post:
  • HailGilbert, J Michael, jovan66102, karl, Margaret-Mary
And now they're going to track "right-wing, domestic terrorism" in the form of parents protesting the teaching of CRT in their kids' schools.

"Totalitarians will totalitarian"~BobCatholic
"I'm an old man now and have had a great many problems.  Most of them never happened."~ Mark Twain

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)
[-] The following 3 users Like J Michael's post:
  • BobCatholic, HailGilbert, jovan66102
Okay, as far as I can tell the whole point of Antifa is that it's a decentralized "thing". Like, it's not an actual organization with a central group planning things.
(10-06-2021, 10:56 PM)Gondothlim 2 Wrote: Okay, as far as I can tell the whole point of Antifa is that it's a decentralized "thing".  Like, it's not an actual organization with a central group planning things.

That's right. They are anarchists after all. They're basically independent cells under the anarchist banner, each planning and carrying out their own terrorist actions. That's what they've always done since the heyday of anarchist murders in the late 19th-early 20th century.

There have been attempts at forming anarchist federations, but they seldom last long.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(10-06-2021, 11:11 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 10:56 PM)Gondothlim 2 Wrote: Okay, as far as I can tell the whole point of Antifa is that it's a decentralized "thing".  Like, it's not an actual organization with a central group planning things.

That's right. They are anarchists after all. They're basically independent cells under the anarchist banner, each planning and carrying out their own terrorist actions. That's what they've always done since the heyday of anarchist murders in the late 19th-early 20th century.

There have been attempts at forming anarchist federations, but they seldom last long.
I had a professor at university (late 1960's) who loved to wear a lapel button saying, "Anarchists Unite!".  (Funny the kind of trivial crap that sticks with you after so long.)
"I'm an old man now and have had a great many problems.  Most of them never happened."~ Mark Twain

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)
The irony of anarcho-communism. No government but yet they're communists who want big totalitarian government.
--BobCatholic