Mom's, do you wear aprons?
I do. I always loved them for cleaning and cooking.
I had entertaining aprons in a sheer fabric, green or white with poinsettia on the pocket for Christmas all frilly and nice. And for Easter white sheer with a 
Spring pocket.

Now I'm down to 1.  I left them at my mom's house.  And when she passed they were thrown out. Now I have a Disney princess one. I was just thinking of sewing some up. I can also do some full aprons with Our Lady of the House. It's a prayer and Mary could be on top and prayer on pocket.

Would you purchase an apron from an esty shop and what would you pay for one?

I've seen some I can replicate. They are 90.00. I would not pay that!
[-] The following 2 users Like AnaCarolina1's post:
  • ActusFidei313, or3mus
I wear aprons! I love them over my dresses to feel extra feminine and to protect my outfit when gardening, cooking, and cleaning. So...almost always, lol. I particularly like cotton linen aprons with pockets, and the longer, the better!

I would totally buy one from Etsy. (Maybe biased, as an Etsy seller.) But the thing you have to watch out for on Etsy if you are interested in something handmade and durable is that it is increasingly saturated by sellers (both in the US and overseas) that don't actually hand make their items, although they'll market them as handmade.

Just in your search results watch out for different sellers using the same photos/models on the same sets, who aren't specific about their production process, and who don't offer customizations. There are countless listings for $20 cotton linen pinafore aprons, and however nice the colors and photos of them are, even if they have good reviews, a truly handmade cotton pinafore apron would be unsustainable to sell for $20. Something like that would be more fairly priced at least $10-20 higher.

That being said, I'd probably pay $40-50 for a nice cotton apron from Etsy, and only from a seller that actually makes them.

My preference, though, is just to make them myself :)
[-] The following 1 user Likes or3mus's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
I love aprons! I prefer simple, utilitarian linen aprons. I have two, both are cross-back that slip over the shoulders- no ties! One I bought on etsy for about $40 + shipping. The other, my sweet sister made for me for my birthday. I get more done at home when I wear nicer clothes instead of sweats/jammies, but my kids and myself have too many "oopsies!" to keep nice clothes nice lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Catherine's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
When I think of it. Which sadly isn’t often. I would like to get into the habit. I am definitely hard on my clothes when working in the kitchen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CatholicMamato5's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
Yes me too. I like to wear nice clothes and without an apron, I would mess them up.
(10-11-2021, 12:22 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: Yes me too. I like to wear nice clothes and without an apron, I would mess them up.

I'm a bachelor and I wear a food service apron at home in the kitchen. They can be acquired affordably from restaurant suppliers. An important consideration is how low the apron sits on the chest; ones with an adjustable neck loop might be better for some people. Splashes of spaghetti sauce are not kind to shirts.
[-] The following 2 users Like Cyriacus's post:
  • CatholicMamato5, newenglandsun
(10-12-2021, 05:47 AM)Cyriacus Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 12:22 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: Yes me too. I like to wear nice clothes and without an apron, I would mess them up.

I'm a bachelor and I wear a food service apron at home in the kitchen. They can be acquired affordably from restaurant suppliers. An important consideration is how low the apron sits on the chest; ones with an adjustable neck loop might be better for some people. Splashes of spaghetti sauce are not kind to shirts.
Important, there are guys who cook and wear aprons too. I used to be a dining room server at an assisted living home and all servers were required to wear aprons. I didn't like wearing one. Would never wear one if I was given the option. But it is good to remember that there are male chefs out there!
https://historyofnewengland.blogspot.com/?m=1
"This guy gets it." Fan mail I've received.
[-] The following 1 user Likes newenglandsun's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
Not a mom, 

but I also use an apron when I cook. The one I currently use is a souvenir from Portugal. It has the emblematic rooster on it.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Fairy's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, newenglandsun
Yes, I love them. I wear the full type (covers top and bottom). Recently got a Japanese-style crossback linen one for $27 at Trader  Joe’s,& i love it. I would really like to have one of the kind that nuns wear over their habits. Have searched in vain for the kind my grandmother wore. My sister found one somewhat similar handmade one at a craft fair (so not widely available) & it’s so useful. Plus, she made me a double-thickness, reversible full Apron with huge pockets many years ago & it still gets tons of use. I’m a klutz in the kitchen — aprons to the rescue. Also, i think they’re pretty cute. I made a matching skirt & apron by cutting an old tablecloth in half - will show pic if i figure out how to post pics.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Margaret-Mary's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
My mother in law's children got her a chef jacket one year for Christmas.  She loves it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes CatholicMamato5's post:
  • AnaCarolina1