When they say dress like Virgin Mary
What does this mean?
(10-12-2021, 07:11 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: What does this mean?

Dress modestly.
"Especially will I do this if the Lord make known to me that you come together man by man in common through grace, individually, in one faith, and in Jesus Christ... so that you obey the bishop and the presbytery with an undivided mind, breaking one and the same bread, which is the medicine of immortality, and the antidote to prevent us from dying, but which causes that we should live for ever in Jesus Christ." St. Ignatius of Antioch

"But Polycarp... waving his hand towards them, while with groans he look up to heaven, said, 'Away with the Atheists.'" Martyrdom of Polycarp
[-] The following 2 users Like Justin Tertius's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, JacafamalaRedux
White gown and a long blue veil? 

Hehe, naw, just kidding. Couldn't resist. 

I too think it means we should dress with modesty.  I think dressing with modesty changes depending on where you're going. For example, you wouldn't dress for a day at the shore the same way as you would for Holy Mass. Neither would you dress the same for a dinner out as you would for gardening. 

We should use common sense.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • newenglandsun
Wear a blue gown, with a head veil, and don't wear slutty lingerie.
https://historyofnewengland.blogspot.com/?m=1
"This guy gets it." Fan mail I've received.
(10-12-2021, 07:11 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: What does this mean?
Our Lady's words at Fatima, "Certain styles and fashions are being introduced which gravely offend My Divine Son"

First there was the Purity Crusade of Mary Immaculate

Marylike Modesty Handbook of the Purity Crusade of Mary Immaculate
-December 8, 1944, the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.

http://cora.dashjr.org/trad/modesty.html
++++++++++++++
Then updated In 1953, by Fr. Bernard Kunkel of Bartelso, Illinois to include things like the Marilyke tag in department stores.

https://suburbanbanshee.wordpress.com/20...came-from/
+++++++++++++++
The effort lasted until around the late 1960s
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
I'll be making a call to my daughters Catholic HS regarding a recent dance..
[-] The following 1 user Likes AnaCarolina1's post:
  • newenglandsun
(10-13-2021, 11:17 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: I'll be making a call to my daughters Catholic HS regarding a recent dance..

I once dropped my daughter off at a middle school dance and was shocked to see many other 13-y.olds gettinv out of their parents cars wearing full-on hooker platform shoes and extremely tight stretchy ultra mini dresses. This was a decade ago at a public school.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Margaret-Mary's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
thank you for your reply Margaret Mary..This was a bring a guest dance , so of course the principal said they were from another school ha! I was in a bad mood today and told her what I thought.
They did not have to permit them in, imho.

Shoulders covered twirly dresses is what my daughters friends wore, according to rules.

I mean don't they have dad's? My husband would never let our daughter out of the house like that..Her brothers either. Me especially because I buy the clothes! She wears a Philomena cord for purity under her clothes. St. Philomena is a strong saint against this.

I guess they were looking for the wrong kind of attention..
Thanks everone