The Montfort Order: should I join them?
Question 
For some reason it may be me, but I am drawn to Saint Louis de Montfort order fort some reason. ( I even bought a Montfort book of his hymns) I do not know why but it strikes a chord with me. If nothing else I may follow their order as a layman idk)

Question is...should I? IDK how modernism has affected the Montforts but I am curious about their spirituality.
"If we do not supply the chains, who will chain the supplies?"

Karl Marx I PROMISE it will work this time Vol 3

"Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!"

A German...possibly
Does this order have a name?  Are you referring to The Company of Mary, aka the Montfort Missionaries? (I had to look it up.)

No one on this board can tell you which order, if any, you "should" join.  This is something you have to discern for yourself.  Your spiritual director (or confessor or priest) can assist you with this.  Please talk to him about it.  I'm sure he knows you far better than anyone here--at least he should.  Make an appointment with him to discuss what you're looking for and where your interests lie and how to discern your vocation, whatever it might be.  You may just not have a vocation for the religious life.  Even if you don't you can still align yourself with any of a number of religious orders that accept lay members.  Millions of Catholics who have no specific vocation for "the religious life" as a monk/brother/nun do this.
"I'm an old man now and have had a great many problems.  Most of them never happened."~ Mark Twain

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)
[-] The following 3 users Like J Michael's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, Anon777, Marmot
I don't think anyone here can answer this question, but I will certainly pray for your discernment!!
[-] The following 3 users Like CatholicMamato5's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, J Michael, Matas
(10-17-2021, 02:33 PM)CatholicMamato5 Wrote: I don't think anyone here can answer this question, but I will certainly pray for your discernment!!
The biggest issue I might have is this: Healthcare. I take medication for my autism and the medicine is expensive. Will I have health insurance in a monastery? This is a big issue, because I have trouble functioning without my medication.

A German...possibly
Anon777 Wrote:
CatholicMamato5 Wrote:I don't think anyone here can answer this question, but I will certainly pray for your discernment!!
The biggest issue I might have is this: Healthcare. I take medication for my autism and the medicine is expensive. Will I have health insurance in a monastery? This is a big issue, because I have trouble functioning without my medication.

Yes, religious have health insurance.
"[I]t is vain to hope to attract souls to God by a bitter zeal."  Pope St. Pius X.

"If anyone deludes himself by thinking he is serving God, when he has not learned to control his tongue, the service he gives is vain.  If he is to offer service pure and unblemished in the sight of God, who is our Father, he must take care of orphans and widows in their need, and keep himself unstained by the world."  James 1:26-27.
(10-17-2021, 04:33 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote:
Anon777 Wrote:
CatholicMamato5 Wrote:I don't think anyone here can answer this question, but I will certainly pray for your discernment!!

I will consider it! : D

A German...possibly
(10-17-2021, 04:59 PM)Anon777 Wrote:
(10-17-2021, 04:33 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote:
Anon777 Wrote:

I will consider it! : D
However I just realized I might have to put it off for a while at least. For one, I have parents and family to take care of, and I work at a union run grocery store chain and I might qualify for health insurance AND...after 5 years of work...a PENSION, which I would put use to whichever order I join...or to support my family. If and when I get the pension, I would give the benefits of the pension to them...and help them in their needs. I think that is my one strength...liberality with money....to a fault. I am easily taken advantage of. : D

A German...possibly
[-] The following 2 users Like Anon777's post:
  • HailGilbert, Margaret-Mary
Stay away if you don't like liberals.

https://www.catholicnews.com/rwandan-imm...rovincial/

Lived in a commune, welcomed the endless flood of illegal immigrants to destroy France, and ultimately killed by one of them, who also happened to be the guy who set fire to Nantes Cathedral. A victim of his own ideology.
[-] The following 1 user Likes piscis's post:
  • Anon777
We have told you numerous times, CONSULT YOUR SPIRITUAL DIRECTOR! We're online people. We are POWERLESS to help you.
https://historyofnewengland.blogspot.com/?m=1
"This guy gets it." Fan mail I've received.
(10-19-2021, 05:35 AM)newenglandsun Wrote: We have told you numerous times, CONSULT YOUR SPIRITUAL DIRECTOR! We're online people. We are POWERLESS to help you.

Maybe he’d just like to share his thoughts and chat about it. I’m sure that if or when the time comes, he’ll know to seek the right guidance. I, for one, am happy to hear what he’s thinking about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Margaret-Mary's post:
  • Anon777