Quotes about the Seat of Peter.
I'd like to gather some quotes about the role of the Papacy in general. I will add some quotes in the next few days because I've already got some. If you've got more please add.

Ubi Petrus ibi Ecclesia, ubi Ecclesia ibi nulla nulla mors sed vita aeterna- S. Ambrose in psalm XL - Where Peter is, there is the Church; where the church is, there is no death, sed aeternal life.

Alia ratio est rerum saecularium, alia divinarum, nec praeter illam petram, quam Dominus in fundamento posuit, stabilis erit ulla constructio - Leo M., Epistola 104 ad Marcianum Augustum c.3 (Migne, Patr. Lat. LIV 995) - One is the criterion of the wordly things, another the criterion of the divine things and outside that Rock which the Lord  set as a foundation, no building will ever be stable.

Fluctuabit Petri navis, sed non mergetur; ac licet tot tantisque Ecclesia turbinibus agitetur, portae inferi adversus eam non praevalebunt - Homily of Clement XI, 1708, solemnity of Peter and Paul: The ship of Peter is rocked by the waves, but will not sink: And even when the Church will be threatened by many whirlings, the gates of hell won't prevail against her. (Take heed: the motto of Paris is Fluctuat nec mergitur).

These are from the frontispicies of Ludwig von Pastor History of the Popes. The translations into English are mine and if you know a better phrasing feel free to add it.
Tomorrow I'll add some more quotes.
"We thought we could stay healthy in a sick world" - Pope.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoliTardare's post:
  • Suggestions
You might check this out, too, from the main site:

The Primacy of Peter

Below are writings of the early Church Fathers of the Eastern part of the Catholic Church -- all of whom supported the primacy of the Petrine Ministry.

https://www.fisheaters.com/easternfathers.html
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • NoliTardare, Suggestions
(10-18-2021, 05:22 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: You might check this out, too, from the main site:

The Primacy of Peter

Below are writings of the early Church Fathers of the Eastern part of the Catholic Church -- all of whom supported the primacy of the Petrine Ministry.

https://www.fisheaters.com/easternfathers.html
Thank you, that's useful. I'll add just a couple more, they aren't from the Church fathers.

Comment peut-on être chrétien sans être catholique?
Et comment peut-on être catholique et refuser au pape l’entière soumission qui lui est due?
Queen Christina of Sweden, Pensées, De Bildt, p.34.
---
Il Papa sta afflittissimo per le traversie che passa con Sardegna, Napoli e specialmente con Venezia. Stava ancóra col timore della morte… Io non so altro che dire: povero Papa! Povero Papa! Afflitto da tutte le parti! … E così non è maraviglia che non isbriga niun negozio, e non ne vuole essere neppure parlato …

Alfonso Maria de’ Liguori, 23 Luglio 1774 (Lettere II 283)
 The Pope is very distressed for the misfortunes with Sardinia, Neaples and, above all, Venice. He was still fearing death. I don't know what to say: poor Pope! Annoyed from all. No wonder he can't solve a single problem and refuses to speak with anybodody.

Papa fluit, papatus stabilis est - The Pope changes, the papacy doesn't - Canon Law maxim.

Petri dignitas etiam in indegno herede non deficit (Leo I)- The dignity of Peter never fails, not even in an undeserving successor.
Fluctuare potest, demergi nequaquam (The church) - (The Church) might be tossed about, but it'll never sink.
(Pius IV to the "doge" of Venice, Girolamo Priuli, Secret Pontifical archive, Arm. 44, t.10, n.420, december 30, 1560)
Vatican City State anthem
https://youtu.be/rARQCJiF8v8?t=54
The picture on the video is Pius XII with all the Papal paraphernalia: the ring (anulus piscatoris), the papal tiara (triregnum) and the Papal fanon (the word fanon is of Germanic origin cfr German "Fahne" for "Flag"). The fanon has been worn regularly by Popes until the Second Vatican Council. The white and gold stripes of the fanon represent the two Churches (Oriental, Western). The Pope wears also two Chirotecoe (Episcopal gloves), usually worn by Bishops (less and less nowadays).
O felix Roma, O felix Roma nobilis
O felix Roma, Roma felix Roma nobilis
Sedes es Petri, qui Christi vicem gerit,
Sedes es Petri, qui apostolus est pacis.
Pontifex tecum erimus omnes nos
Pontifex es magister qui tuos confirmas fratres
Pontifex tecum erimus omnes nos
Pontifex es magister qui tuos confirmas fratres
Pontifex fundamentum ac robur nostrum,
Hominumque piscator pastor es gregis ligans terram et coelum
Petre, tu es Christi es Vicarius super terram,
Rupes inter fluctus, 
tu es pharus ac veritas.
Tu Christi es caritas,
tu es unitatis custos,
Promptus libertatis defensor;
in te auctoritas.Petre,
tu es Christi es Vicarius super terram,
Rupes inter fluctus,
tu es pharus ac veritas.
Tu Christi es caritas,
tu es unitatis custos,
Promptus libertatis defensor;
in te auctoritas.
《Ecclesiae Salus a summi sacerdotis dignitate pendet: cui si non exsors quaedam et ab omnibus eminens detur potestas, tot in Eclesiis efficientur schismata quot sacerdotes.》
《The safety of the Church dependeth upon the dignity of her chief superior: to whom if some eminent offices of power above others should not be given, there would be in the Church as many schism as priests》

[Saint Jerome, Contra Luciferianos, IX]

n.d.t. the English translation comes from a protestant book on googlebooks, that translated "a summi sacerdotis potestate" as "upon the dignitiy of her chief superiors". The plural is here uncalled for, because sacerdotis is the genitive singular of sacerdos.
End of page 343