Can a fallen angel, a devil, be converted? Or, I guess, reverted?
I was beginning the rereading of the Baltimore Catechism, and this question popped into my head. 

Edit: never mind. 

https://spiritualdirection.com/2015/03/2...ons-repent

I should have kept reading. :-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes oldrover's post:
  • Zedta
Looks like you found your answer. It’s much the same with the state of a person’s will at the time of their death. We are a rational animal, viz. a body-soul composite. Animals have souls too, but material souls (i.e. they perish with the death of their bodies). The soul is the very thing that gives the matter composing a human being the form of a human being. As humans, our wills can also be swayed by the passions and drives of the body. At death, the body no longer possesses this affective power on the will, and the will remains fixed - the same as an angel (or demon) - for eternity.
[-] The following 3 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • Joseph of Cupertino, NoliTardare, Zedta
Angels, even fallen ones, have very high intellects. When Satan rebelled, it is said, he took a third of the heavenly hosts with him. Then those angels, who decided to rebel with him, forfeited any direct contact with The Almighty, forever. It was an nonnegotiable sort of decision and they knew it, but were fooled by Satan into believing God Almighty could be overthrown. For them, there is no return and that we lowly humans have a way to change our outcomes, is what really cooks their bacon, as it were, especially when God's only Son came down and lowered Himself to accomplish the salvation of we 'animals'.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
(10-23-2021, 06:29 PM)FultonFan Wrote: Looks like you found your answer. It’s much the same with the state of a person’s will at the time of their death. We are a rational animal, viz. a body-soul composite. Animals have souls too, but material souls (i.e. they perish with the death of their bodies). The soul is the very thing that gives the matter composing a human being the form of a human being. As humans, our wills can also be swayed by the passions and drives of the body. At death, the body no longer possesses this affective power on the will, and the will remains fixed - the same as an angel (or demon) - for eternity.
Would you be able to recommend any theological reading on the fixed nature of the will after death?

I have been interested in this for some time and haven’t been able to find much beyond Aquinas and Garrigou-Legrange. I have been left with the impression that their positions are somewhat circular and self-referential.