Why are the Ultra Orthodox Jews at odds with the Zionists?
(10-30-2021, 11:22 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-29-2021, 09:13 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: Also, I'm sure many have been born there.  Criticizing one's own country isn't anything new.  We see it all the time in the USA.

Considering that there have been Haredim in Israel since well before the founding of the State, I think it's a good bet that the vast majority of them are Sabras.

According to this data from Wikipedia, the vast majority of Israeli Jews are now Sabras: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabra_(person).  Makes sense that the ultra-Orthodox Jews would also be majority-Sabra now.  IIRC, they also have a much higher birth rate than other Jews, whether moderately religious or secular.  It wouldn't surprise me if the ultra-Orthodox have a disproportionate representation among Sabras.  With all that in mind, a lot of ultra-orthodox Jews in Israel, criticizing their nation, is no real surprise.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
I remember hearing how the editor of the Atlanta Journal Constitution used to argue with a very prominent Jew in the city of Atlanta. The editor was in favor of Zionism while this particular Jew was opposed. He apparently felt that stealing other peoples' land was somehow wrong.