Michael Matt Video: Why Francis Will Lose
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • NoliTardare
Great video... it certainly gives perspective to the TLM today versus in the early 70s, when it was underground and "officially" non-existent. And the audience for this... eager TLM high schoolers!!! Very heartening!
Thanks Vox.  I always enjoy listening to Michael Matt.  He has lived through so much and gives hope!
(11-24-2021, 03:38 PM)oldrover Wrote: Great video... it certainly gives perspective to the TLM today versus in the early 70s, when it was underground and "officially" non-existent. And the audience for this... eager TLM high schoolers!!! Very heartening!

I especially liked how he pointed out the difference between bishops in the 1970s and now.  Back then, we had Archbishop Lefebvre.  Today, even if they're not traditionalists (yet), we do have bishops like Strickland, Vigano, Burke, etc.  They might constitute a minority, but it isn't a minority of one.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeekerofChrist's post:
  • oldrover
I went to a Mass recently with Bishop Schneider and he said that not only should be continue to celebrate Latin Mass and uphold tradition, but we have an obligation to preserve it.  He was really quite impressive.  And very, very humble.
(11-24-2021, 06:17 PM)CatholicMamato5 Wrote: I went to a Mass recently with Bishop Schneider and he said that not only should be continue to celebrate Latin Mass and uphold tradition, but we have an obligation to preserve it.  He was really quite impressive.  And very, very humble.

*we - not be.  Sorry.  Edit button not there.  Posted too fast.
(11-24-2021, 06:15 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: They might constitute a minority, but it isn't a minority of one.
It was never a minority of one. Everyone always forgets His Lordship Antônio de Castro Mayer, Bishop of Campos, who was co-consecrator with Msgr Lefebvre at Écône in 1988.

It also gets forgotten that until he resigned at 75, the TLM was the only Mass celebrated in the Diocese of Campos and after his resignation, he maintained a 'schismatic' group of Traditionalists in his former Diocese which became, in 2002, the Personal Apostolic Administration of Saint John Mary Vianney, no longer 'irregular', which still exists, administering the Traditional Sacraments to the Faithful.

But, your point is well taken. We're in much better shape than we were between 1965 and 1988.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • SeekerofChrist
(11-24-2021, 06:27 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 06:15 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: They might constitute a minority, but it isn't a minority of one.
It was never a minority of one. Everyone always forgets His Lordship Antônio de Castro Mayer, Bishop of Campos, who was co-consecrator with Msgr Lefebvre at Écône in 1988.

It also gets forgotten that until he resigned at 75, the TLM was the only Mass celebrated in the Diocese of Campos and after his resignation, he maintained a 'schismatic' group of Traditionalists in his former Diocese which became, in 2002, the Personal Apostolic Administration of Saint John Mary Vianney, no longer 'irregular', which still exists, administering the Traditional Sacraments to the Faithful.

But, your point is well taken. We're in much better shape than we were between 1965 and 1988.

Mere moments after I clicked "post reply," I realized I had probably forgotten a bishop or two from the early days.  And I knew that I would shortly be corrected by...someone.  ;)
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 2 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • CatholicMamato5, jovan66102
I have yet to experience a TLM.
O Maryconceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Machabeus's post:
  • Anon777
(11-24-2021, 06:27 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
Personal Apostolic Administration of Saint John Mary Vianney, no longer 'irregular', which still exists, administering the Traditional Sacraments to the Faithful.

They still exist, but after 2002 their situation look a bit chaotic, with some even celebrating and concelebrating the NO, including their current superior, Bp. Rifan.
I just paid a visit to their website and they basically wrote a new history on Bp. de Castro Mayer, saying he vouched for Vatican II like Paul VI, had the same concerns as him, ordained priests who celebrated only the NO, allowing both rites in Campos... and avoid saying a word about Écône or Abp. Lefebvre, whose name by the way ain't present anywhere according to the search bar.
Also worthy of mention is how this page, dedicated to the 30th anniversary of his death, reproduce the same photo for three times.
 [Image: 14045615_641756946000818_738283576821425...x306-1.jpg]
Ite ad Ioseph
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ioannes_L's post:
  • jovan66102