Worst Mass experience and other things
Shocked 
The worst mass I experienced was actually a Church that is located not far from my house. It was a NO mass that had no singing was short (40 minutes masses) and Eucharistic ministers, and was rushed. I once tried to receive on the tongue during Covid and the Eucharistic minister scoffed and told me to receive on the hand. I was stunned, and If I did not know better I would have slapped her for that. I was actually spiritually ill going there that one time after mass I considered throwing myself into an oncoming truck. This was after father refused to hear my confession because he had to go somewhere. (It would have only taken 5 measly minutes to hear my confession) I was grieved to bits. And I went on R/Catholicism to complain and the people there were like He had to go elsewhere dude. Some here remember me recently wanting to troll R/Catholicism because of how heretical they are. I wanted to do so to show there true colors to any unfortunate soul who winds on that blasted site that these people will damn you to hell if you let them. By Trolling, I mean I wanted to spit hard pointed facts at their bullcrap. For example they have a moratorium on talk about SSPX, because they deem them schismatics. I want to prove them otherwise. Because I HATE LIES brethren. My whole life I was blinded by lies and now that I know the Truth, I want to call people on their bull excrement. My question is this... Jesus said that I would be hated. But I have seen little hatred...MIGHT I be doing something wrong? Perhaps I am too (getting along just to get along) that is the bane of the world. I want so badly to call them on their bullcrap. And there have members here in the past from CAF that fit the bill of who I would wish to call out on their lies. I hate lies....friends...I am sick of them....so sick of them. I would rather lose all I have than lie. If someone offered me a billion to lie, I would not do it.
"If we do not supply the chains, who will chain the supplies?"

Karl Marx I PROMISE it will work this time Vol 3

"Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!"

A German...possibly
[-] The following 1 user Likes Anon777's post:
  • NoliTardare
If that's the worst Mass you have experienced, thank God!

We shouldn't seek out liars to expose them; that is God's role. The Judgment will reveal every lie.

If you are living a properly Catholic life, the world will begin to fight against you, first in your soul and then from others. Look at the lives of the Saints. None of them had to look for the world's hatred; they simply followed Christ, and soon enough, the world began to conspire against them. Look at St. Francis and St. Alphonsus, who were betrayed by their own religious.
[-] The following 3 users Like piscis's post:
  • CatholicMamato5, J Michael, jack89
(11-24-2021, 11:12 PM)piscis Wrote: Look at St. Francis and St. Alphonsus, who were betrayed by their own religious.
Or how about St Benedict, whose monks and a Priest tried to kill him?
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, J Michael, piscis
(11-24-2021, 11:12 PM)piscis Wrote: If that's the worst Mass you have experienced, thank God!

We shouldn't seek out liars to expose them; that is God's role. The Judgment will reveal every lie.

If you are living a properly Catholic life, the world will begin to fight against you, first in your soul and then from others. Look at the lives of the Saints. None of them had to look for the world's hatred; they simply followed Christ, and soon enough, the world began to conspire against them. Look at St. Francis and St. Alphonsus, who were betrayed by their own religious.
Then I must be doing something wrong! Because everyone seems to love me. I have been told that I am already a saint! I JUST WISH SOMEONE WILL TELL ME WHEN I AM WRONG! BECAUSE I AM JUST GOING ABOUT IT ON MY OWN! STOP TELLING ME I AM GOOD PERSON AND HELP ME CORRECT MY FAULTS BECAUSE A) I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE EXACTLY ARE B) I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO. 

I HATE this culture of "nice" where I seem to be following! 

What am I doing wrong?

☹☹☹

A German...possibly
I must not be following Christ than I am following the devil!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

A German...possibly
Just like martyrdom is a grace, suffering in the name of Jesus is too and not everybody gets to suffer for Jesus in the same fashion. Each of us has his own fair share of the cross's weight to bear and we have to be happy with it.
Yesterday was Saint John of the Cross. Jesus appeared bearing His Cross to Saint John of the Cross at the moment of his ordination and asked him: "Joannes, pete quid vis a me?". "John, what do you want from me?" and John of the Cross answered: "Domine, pati et contemni pro te"- "Lord, I want to suffer and fall into contempt for you", and John lived a life of tribulation and mysticism ever since, because this was Jesus's will.
Suffering for Jesus is a Grace because those who suffer for Jesus are 100% sure they'll get to contemplate Him in Heaven. Few people are allowed this grace.
Offer your sufferings to Jesus, even when they aren't beared directly in the name of Jesus, and you should feel better. The imitation of Christ says "he whom the grace of God sustains travels easily enough".
This was yesterday's sermon basically. 
P.s.: If you suffer when you see the Body of Christ butchered by priests who give it out on the hand, think of how Jesus is suffering in that moment, allowing everybody to touch his body with sinful hands.
Ores, casta legas, jejunes otia vites si servare velis corpora casta Deo.
[-] The following 2 users Like NoliTardare's post:
  • HailGilbert, jovan66102
No, you're not a saint, not even close.

For starters, learn to control your emotions. That's a very basic first step in the spiritual life. It takes real virtue to do that. A sign that you don't have that: you type in all caps and seem to freak out when you don't hear what you want. Of course, being on the spectrum, this is going to have its own particular challenges for you. I understand that. But since you wanted honesty, there you go.

The devil is the one who uses our emotions to blind our reason. Ask for constant light and strength on this point to take command of your soul.
[-] The following 3 users Like piscis's post:
  • HailGilbert, J Michael, jovan66102
Anon I will tell you that Reddit is a bottomless pit.
You aren't going to convince anyone there of anything.
They are not open to discuss anything outside their own view and if you find anyone who will the moderators shut that down right quick, usually removing the discussion and often banning the discussor.
Don't waste your time and energy on that.
You will however raise your own blood pressure while beating your head against the wall.
“Tradition is so strong, that future generations will dream of what they never saw.” — G.K. Chesterton

"It will never be known what acts of cowardice have been committed for fear of not looking sufficiently progressive.”
Charles Peguy 
[-] The following 2 users Like Water1965's post:
  • J Michael, NoliTardare
(11-25-2021, 06:56 PM)piscis Wrote: No, you're not a saint, not even close.

For starters, learn to control your emotions. That's a very basic first step in the spiritual life. It takes real virtue to do that. A sign that you don't have that: you type in all caps and seem to freak out when you don't hear what you want. Of course, being on the spectrum, this is going to have its own particular challenges for you. I understand that. But since you wanted honesty, there you go.

The devil is the one who uses our emotions to blind our reason. Ask for constant light and strength on this point to take command of your soul.
I usually am calm, but I am often worry what if I am going about it all wrong? I am not the smartest man, am not. I stumbled today, but I must get up again. I am at least better than last year when I was near suicidal. I am gaining control, but I am mentally worn. I used to be sharp mentally but those days are gone. This was...a stumble yes it was. I think. I am usually placid but when you mentioned it is to be expected, I freaked out because I feared I wasted a whole year doing the wrong things. I fear becoming lukewarm and I think that has something to do with it, I am scrupulous almost. I do not want to end up like many people in my life...who believe in just 'being good' THAT terrifies me. The Little Flower said if you should fear anyone...fear bad Catholics. I fear the idea of being some NO modernist who only loves God partly. I CANNOT DESCRIBE HOW MUCH I FEAR BECOMING LUKEWARM. So when you mentioned it, I freaked out...because I feared I am becoming one of "them". I remember Mom and Dad telling me that I DID NOT need to go to confession because I was "WORTHY" of receiving. I felt like screaming at them. I was raised without God and besides rides to Church and Confession and buying books...I have had little to no help from those around me. No family Rosary. My mom tells me I should go to NO Churches I went to because of "how they helped me. However they may have helped me, I will not go to a mass that is dangerous to my faith. I despise seeing Communion in the hand. I am grieved by the blindness of those around me. The church that I go to they do it, but most receive the Body and Blood on the tongue. It is like I am being suffocated by the world around me. This thanksgiving I could not bring myself to watch the Macys day parade or other things because I see as vain materialist waste. I am asking my confessor for contemplative orders. Because I cannot see myself surviving in this fettid world. How I wish to embrace the faith fully. I want Tradition I want beauty, I want God. I do not want Novelties. I do not want the world. If the world was my arm, I would hack it right off. But you are right, I am not even close to being a saint. I hope I can be a saint. I just want a nurturing environment that I do not get at home or in the sinful. I do not want to be lukewarm. I FEAR that...TRULY. I have been getting better maybe I think I do not know. My mind is worn out.

A German...possibly
(11-25-2021, 08:21 PM)Water1965 Wrote: Anon I will tell you that Reddit is a bottomless pit.
You aren't going to convince anyone there of anything.
They are not open to discuss anything outside their own view and if you find anyone who will the moderators shut that down right quick, usually removing the discussion and often banning the discussor.
Don't waste your time and energy on that.
You will however raise your own blood pressure while beating your head against the wall.
It may be a cesspit. but it is not them I want to convince. It is whoever poor soul like me who is new to Catholicism and truly want to love Christ... I want to warn them to NOT go there. It is like a debate in a theater. You may not win over your opponent. (The denizens of Reddit) but you may convince the audience. (People from outside the site who may be passing by) But you are right. That place is a bottomless pit. I just want to warn people about that place. That place nearly drove me to blowing my brains out last year, because of how I was treated by people there. But I know I have approved somewhat. I am not seriously suicidal at all, I am not vainglorious as I used to. But I fear as I said before...becoming tepid. Oh how I have wished to spread the Good news to my family, but they do not understand. They just believe in being nice. I thank God for where I am today everything. Because I know without His lifting me out of the pit I dug myself, I would be slumped over this desk with my brains blown out over the monitor...to the grief of my family.

A German...possibly