In response to Vox's twitter feed about the Remnant
Smile 
I do not believe we are in the apocalypse. I believe in Mama Mary's promise in the restoration of the Church, and I think that the priest comparing the siege of Jerusalem to the apocalypse and making a case for the end times being now is stretching it. I believe that it is far too soon to tell if this is the end times. The Immaculate Heart of Mary will triumph and that such talk is a sign of a lack of faith in the now. I believe when the apocalypse arrives, it will get MANY magnitudes worse than it is now. Have faith Vox, I say this out of goodwill, but as Jesus said, He will come out of nowhere. The Early Church thought they were in the Apocalypse. Each era has its evils and I believe this to be no exception. I believe the time of the revival is now. The Church thrives under persecution and I believe that the time is now to be saints. The Time of revival will outlast all the horrors of now. It is bad out there? That means the Revival of the Church will be THAT. MUCH. MORE. GLORIOUS. The enemies shall be dashed under the Treads of Holy might. Have faith, it will get better.
"If we do not supply the chains, who will chain the supplies?"

Karl Marx I PROMISE it will work this time Vol 3

"Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!"

A German...possibly
[-] The following 4 users Like Anon777's post:
  • Ad Jesum Per Mariam, choosetowitness, karl, SacraCor714
(11-24-2021, 10:29 PM)Anon777 Wrote: I do not believe we are in the apocalypse. I believe in Mama Mary's promise in the restoration of the Church, and I think that the priest comparing the siege of Jerusalem to the apocalypse and making a case for the end times being now is stretching it. I believe that it is far too soon to tell if this is the end times. The Immaculate Heart of Mary will triumph and that such talk is a sign of a lack of faith in the now. I believe when the apocalypse arrives, it will get MANY magnitudes worse than it is now. Have faith Vox, I say this out of goodwill, but as Jesus said, He will come out of nowhere. The Early Church thought they were in the Apocalypse. Each era has its evils and I believe this to be no exception. I believe the time of the revival is now. The Church thrives under persecution and I believe that the time is now to be saints. The Time of revival will outlast all the horrors of now. It is bad out there? That means the Revival of the Church will be THAT. MUCH. MORE. GLORIOUS. The enemies shall be dashed under the Treads of Holy might. Have faith, it will get better.
The video will only sow discouragement and angst among people here. Looking at the comments, shows that. I believe in the restoration.

A German...possibly
I haven't seen the tweet or read/heard the priest's homily or article, but I've heard there are apocalypses and then there is The Apocalypse.  Kind of like the difference between antichrists and the Antichrist.  I do believe we're living through an apocalypse, a revelation of sorts, but whether that means this is the Apocalypse or not...well, God knows.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 3 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Anon777, Grandma, karl
(11-24-2021, 10:35 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: I haven't seen the tweet or read/heard the priest's homily or article, but I've heard there are apocalypses and then there is The Apocalypse.  Kind of like the difference between antichrists and the Antichrist.  I do believe we're living through an apocalypse, a revelation of sorts, but whether that means this is the Apocalypse or not...well, God knows.

I think the priest stretches a bit to make his claim. When people claim this stuff...it rubs off almost as Protestant rapture crazy, and I believe the topic in regards to current events should be dealt with delicately and with kid gloves and not simply saying The end times are here.

A German...possibly
[-] The following 2 users Like Anon777's post:
  • choosetowitness, SeekerofChrist
The dialectics of the Apocalipse has always been used and abused from time to time even by Catholic preachers.
One of the earliest Popes (I can't remember the name now), when the River Tiber had overflowed its banks, announced the Apocalypse because the situation was very tragic. It's true, a lot of people died but it wasn't the rapture, yet.
Then the bull of Excommunication of the emperor Frederick II Hohenstaufen began with "I saw a beast coming up out of the Sea, and in its mouth names of blasphemy" and a lot of people really thought Frederick II was the antichrist and some preachers e.g Joachim of Fiore prophesied about how the rapture was near, and told people on the day of the death of Frederick II rapture would take place and said Frederick was to die on 1240 according to his calculations. It wasn't the time yet, and all the numbers were wrong.
I think nowadays we make the same error because it's difficult to face the idea of God allowing heresy, negation of the thruths of faith,... Some people hope for some kind of "spectacular" intervention from God's side. Codswallop IMHO. I don't think anything will happen. It's just the umpteenth time in history rapture is announced. God allows sufference and pain so that we can purge our sins here.
Ores, casta legas, jejunes otia vites si servare velis corpora casta Deo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoliTardare's post:
  • Anon777
(11-25-2021, 06:16 AM)NoliTardare Wrote: The dialectics of the Apocalipse has always been used and abused from time to time even by Catholic preachers.
One of the earliest Popes (I can't remember the name now), when the River Tiber had overflowed its banks, announced the Apocalypse because the situation was very tragic. It's true, a lot of people died but it wasn't the rapture, yet.
Then the bull of Excommunication of the emperor Frederick II Hohenstaufen began with "I saw a beast coming up out of the Sea, and in its mouth names of blasphemy" and a lot of people really thought Frederick II was the antichrist and some preachers e.g Joachim of Fiore prophesied about how the rapture was near, and told people on the day of the death of Frederick II rapture would take place and said Frederick was to die on 1240 according to his calculations. It wasn't the time yet, and all the numbers were wrong.
I think nowadays we make the same error because it's difficult to face the idea of God allowing heresy, negation of the thruths of faith,... Some people hope for some kind of "spectacular" intervention from God's side. Codswallop IMHO. I don't think anything will happen. It's just the umpteenth time in history rapture is announced. God allows sufference and pain so that we can purge our sins here.
The rapture is not Catholic. Also, I think moderns fail to recognize the distinction between precursors and the actual thing. I.e there were many antichrists in history.
(11-25-2021, 11:38 AM)Genesius Wrote:
(11-25-2021, 06:16 AM)NoliTardare Wrote: The dialectics of the Apocalipse has always been used and abused from time to time even by Catholic preachers.
The rapture is not Catholic. Also, I think moderns fail to recognize the distinction between precursors and the actual thing. I.e there were many antichrists in history.

You are right, the term is quite unfortunate however, in my defense, Saint Augustine (The city of God XX,18) describes something very similar to rapture at the end of times:
"Some one will perhaps put the question, if after judgement is pronounced the world itself is to burn, where shall the Saints be during the conflagration, and before it is replaced by a new heavens and a new earth, since somewhere they must be, because they have material bodies? We may reply that they shall be in the upper regions into which the flame of that conflagration shall not ascend, as neither did the water of the flood; for they shall have such bodies that they shall be wherever they wish"
Ores, casta legas, jejunes otia vites si servare velis corpora casta Deo.
The so-called 'rapture' is not only not Catholic, it also is not held by the overwhelming majority of protestants. It is basically a 19th-century invention of a protty 'end times' preacher that got adopted by a fringe of fundamentalist evangelicals. With the growth of their heresies, it started infiltrating the thinking of people whose faith (Catholic or protestant) does not teach it.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(11-25-2021, 06:05 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: The so-called 'rapture' is not only not Catholic, it also is not held by the overwhelming majority of protestants. It is basically a 19th-century invention of a protty 'end times' preacher that got adopted by a fringe of fundamentalist evangelicals. With the growth of their heresies, it started infiltrating the thinking of people whose faith (Catholic or protestant) does not teach it.

I've heard it is also mostly a North American thing.  Most of the Prots in Europe didn't really embrace it.  Isn't John Nelson Darby the inventor of this heresy?
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
(11-25-2021, 06:20 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: I've heard it is also mostly a North American thing.  Most of the Prots in Europe didn't really embrace it.  Isn't John Nelson Darby the inventor of this heresy?

Thank you! I couldn't remember his name. He basically invented the idea out of whole cloth.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • SeekerofChrist