The first Thanksgiving was in Florida
Happy Thanksgiving!

The first Thanksgiving did not involve Pilgrims.  It was held in 1565 in St. Augustine, Florida, between Spaniards and Indians.  A Mass of thanksgiving was offered.

More here:  https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/histor...401c025981
"[I]t is vain to hope to attract souls to God by a bitter zeal."  Pope St. Pius X.

"If anyone deludes himself by thinking he is serving God, when he has not learned to control his tongue, the service he gives is vain.  If he is to offer service pure and unblemished in the sight of God, who is our Father, he must take care of orphans and widows in their need, and keep himself unstained by the world."  James 1:26-27.
And the second, still before the heretics landed at Plymouth Rock, was in Canada, a yearly Feast with Mass and all the feasting, beginning in 1604.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 4 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • benedicite, choosetowitness, HailGilbert, Zedta
Yay! I share this (the Tradition in Action version) with my students every year.  Thanks for this one now.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ambrosiano's post:
  • benedicite, Zedta
And Squanto was a Roman Catholic!
Thanks for posting this. Very few know about this event and where it took place. I live about 50 miles west of St. Augustine and visited there many times. Our Diocese is centered there and has a magnificent Cathedral there as well. I have some photos of the site of the first Mass, but I can't locate those photos right now. There is a permanent Altar at the site and they have outdoor Mass there on occasion. This area is very interesting and for me, quite inspirational a place to visit.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • Clare Brigid, JacafamalaRedux