Three Irrefutable Demonstrations/Proofs that SVism is a Grave Error.
So I haven't read it, but why is everyone throwing so much flack at the OP's style and formatting. I agree it's annoying, but it's really irrelevant to the argument he's trying to make.

Also the different coloured text for emphasis (I'm assuming that's what the OP is using it for) is fairly common, and it's not like there's more than one extra colour.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gondothlim 2's post:
  • jovan66102
(12-19-2021, 02:01 AM)Gondothlim 2 Wrote: So I haven't read it, but why is everyone throwing so much flack at the OP's style and formatting.  I agree it's annoying, but it's really irrelevant to the argument he's trying to make. 

Also the different coloured text for emphasis (I'm assuming that's what the OP is using it for) is fairly common, and it's not like there's more than one extra colour.
I haven't read it either, precisely because the style and formatting are so annoying.  To the extent that the formatting and style are so annoying and distracting, the actual content of the article is, at best, detracted from, and at worst, ignored altogether.  That would be a shame especially if the content was interesting and/or valuable.

When so very much of any text is emphasized, especially in different ways in the same paragraph or sentence, the actual emphasis loses its punch, almost to the point of meaninglessness.
"I'm an old man now and have had a great many problems.  Most of them never happened."~ Mark Twain

"Compassion and justice in one soul are as a man adoring God and idols in one house." -St. Isaac of Syria

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)
[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • Clare Brigid
(12-19-2021, 11:42 AM)J Michael Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 02:01 AM)Gondothlim 2 Wrote: So I haven't read it, but why is everyone throwing so much flack at the OP's style and formatting.  I agree it's annoying, but it's really irrelevant to the argument he's trying to make. 

I haven't read it either, precisely because the style and formatting are so annoying.  To the extent that the formatting and style are so annoying and distracting, the actual content of the article is, at best, detracted from, and at worst, ignored altogether.  That would be a shame especially if the content was interesting and/or valuable.

When so very much of any text is emphasized, especially in different ways in the same paragraph or sentence, the actual emphasis loses its punch, almost to the point of meaninglessness.

100% agree, but aside from detracting from the author's ethos it doesn't effect the argument itself.
(12-19-2021, 11:55 AM)Gondothlim 2 Wrote:
(12-19-2021, 11:42 AM)J Michael Wrote:

100% agree, but aside from detracting from the author's ethos it doesn't effect the argument itself.
Yeah, but if you can't get past the crap to read it, what good is the argument?
"I'm an old man now and have had a great many problems.  Most of them never happened."~ Mark Twain

"Compassion and justice in one soul are as a man adoring God and idols in one house." -St. Isaac of Syria

[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • Clare Brigid
^Grouse grumble & gripe
Twinkles going to twink:)
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
(12-19-2021, 03:01 PM)Blind Horus Wrote: ^Grouse grumble & gripe
Twinkles going to twink:)
You grousin', grumblin', twinkin', and gripin' 'bout our grousin', grumblin', twinkin', and gripin', Twinkletoes? :-)