Fresh milk is illegal and you cannot take milk from your own cow!
Croppyboy Wrote:
Quote:originally posted by argaddini

You can buy beer for 6.75 a gallon!

None worth drinking . . . :shame: :laughing:

[Image: realbeer_logo.gif]

Exactly. $6.75 a six-pack is a decent price on sale. That's what I paid yesterday for Sam Adam's cream stout. [Image: beer2.gif]

The reason pasteurized milk is cheap is because it is a subsidized product. Our taxes make it cheap. Organic milk that is pasteurized is also nutritionally inferior to raw milk and is a waste of money since the consumer is paying a premium price for a heat damaged product.

I have a question for the raw milk drinkers. Is the milk homogenized or is the cream on top? There is a nearby farm that sells it and if I ever get an extra 15 minutes at the right time of day I am going to check it out.

S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:I have a question for the raw milk drinkers. Is the milk homogenized or is the cream on top? There is a nearby farm that sells it and if I ever get an extra 15 minutes at the right time of day I am going to check it out.

Raw milk is not homogenized. I have to shake the milk before each use.
Ok, thanks. Now I have this picture in my head of Jenn slamming a glass of milk. :laughing: How long does it stay shook up?

S.A.G. ~ Kathy ~ Sanguine-choleric. Have fun...or else.

Adoramus te, Christe, et benedicimus tibi, quia per sanctam crucem tuam redemisti mundum.
AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:Ok, thanks. Now I have this picture in my head of Jenn slamming a glass of milk. :laughing:

LOL. *Doing the Milk Shake Dance*

Quote:How long does it stay shook up?

Not sure, probably for 1/2 an hour to an hour. What I meant was that when I take the jug out of the fridge, I shake it up before I pour. I don't have to keep shaking it as I drink it or anything (mental word picture alert!!). [Image: pointandlaff.gif]
I loved shaking my raw milk. [Image: bawl.gif]
Hopefully I'll be getting back into a cow-share soon, that is, if the farmers get an opening in their co-op. I'll be getting it for $6/gallon but I'll only have to drive 5 miles to pick it up as the farmers are so gracious as to drive it down to the metro area.