asking for prayers
I am dealing with recent heartbreak and the end of a friendship/relationship I had with someone. It lasted for about 2 1/2 years. I had to cut it off because I just couldn’t take the emotional attachment to someone that didn’t reciprocate my love and kindness. He was confused about his life and he ended up going after somebody else.

I wish and hope that God could send a good Catholic man into my life that is actually kind, honest, truthful, chaste, and mature. I’ve gone through a couple and they were terrible. I’m not going allow myself to become emotionally attached to a man anymore who doesn’t show active or reciprocal love (or kindness) to me. It’s a cycle of hurt I don’t want to repeat for myself. But at least I finally had the confidence to end it.
[-] The following 6 users Like Majestie's post:
  • ActusFidei313, Catherine, CatholicMamato5, Clare Brigid, The Fairy, Zedta
May God grant you comfort and peace.
"I'm an old man now and have had a great many problems.  Most of them never happened."~ Mark Twain

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)
[-] The following 2 users Like J Michael's post:
  • HailGilbert, Zedta
Sounds familiar. I guess I have been in that sort of dynamic. And glad to be out of it now after a few months. 

My prayers are with you Majestie. Hope you can find comfort in His presence...

+++
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Fairy's post:
  • Zedta
Its those 'near misses' that hurt the most. So much emotional baggage obtained which does not go away easily, but if lessons are learned, if our 'insights' get sharpened, then all is not lost.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • J Michael
I guess I fooled myself into thinking that I finally had “the one.” The last few months he started saying strange things that were out-of-character that “weren’t him” at all. The worst part is building up a friendship (and a questionable relationship I suppose) and basically getting to know him intimately (as a person, not sexually related). I shared with him all my thoughts, worries, emotions, etc. and it went basically….nowhere. This communication was a lot easier to break off and I’d say I’m more than halfway better. But the emotional aftermath still needs working on.

I really want to start a family, but finding someone for me has been almost impossible. I’m not asking for a great man, just someone “average-looking” and who treats me kindly, and will go to church with me. I appreciate all the prayers.
[-] The following 3 users Like Majestie's post:
  • Ambrosiano, HailGilbert, The Fairy
(01-13-2022, 04:48 PM)Majestie Wrote: I guess I fooled myself into thinking that I finally had “the one.” The last few months he started saying strange things that were out-of-character that “weren’t him” at all. The worst part is building up a friendship (and a questionable relationship I suppose) and basically getting to know him intimately (as a person, not sexually related). I shared with him all my thoughts, worries, emotions, etc. and it went basically….nowhere. This communication was a lot easier to break off and I’d say I’m more than halfway better. But the emotional aftermath still needs working on.

I really want to start a family, but finding someone for me has been almost impossible. I’m not asking for a great man, just someone “average-looking” and who treats me kindly, and will go to church with me. I appreciate all the prayers.

Pray!!! and focus your energy on people that have those same desires. 

My prayers are with you... +++