Vatican website
Is anyone else as disgusted with the Vatican website as I am?  It has seriously degraded under Pope Francis.  Under Pope Benedict XVI, it was an attractive, intelligent and classy layout with links to various kinds of documents (such as encyclicals of the current and former popes) in a design that simulated an atrium.  It was very easy to use.  Now, the home page is taken up with smarmy pictures of Pope Francis kissing babies and feet and carrying a lamb, with his supposed virtues, and with meager links at the bottom of the page.  They have destroyed that page.

I am frustrated because I was looking for the Catechism of the Catholic Church online, which used to be readily available there.

Here it is: http://www.vatican.va

I'm interested in your thoughts.
"[I]t is vain to hope to attract souls to God by a bitter zeal."  Pope St. Pius X.

"If anyone deludes himself by thinking he is serving God, when he has not learned to control his tongue, the service he gives is vain.  If he is to offer service pure and unblemished in the sight of God, who is our Father, he must take care of orphans and widows in their need, and keep himself unstained by the world."  James 1:26-27.
I only very, very rarely have gone to the Vatican's website.  Maybe a total of 10 times in over 20 years.  I have always found it cumbersome, difficult to search, and, as per usual with Rome, the articles and documents are very frequently very highly prolix.  So...I avoid it. 

This is where I go for an online CCC-- https://www.scborromeo2.org/catechism-of...lic-church .  One of the great things about this site is how searchable it is.
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
[-] The following 3 users Like J Michael's post:
  • Clare Brigid, Joseph of Cupertino, wxboss
I've never gone to the site, but if you google "Wayback Machine" and enter the Vatican website in the search, you should be able to find an older version of the site with what you're looking for cached, if it was there when a snapshot was taken.
[-] The following 2 users Like Melkite's post:
  • Clare Brigid, oldrover
I know someone who said a number of earlier magisterial documents were deleted from the Vatican website a few years ago. I find it unfortunate that the Vatican website is not the place where people go to find for example official translations of old encyclical letters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Marmot's post:
  • Clare Brigid
I use it frequently but I can't remember the last time I went to the home page. I simply do a search for the document by title. In the case of the CCC, which I just searched for to check, the Vatican website is the second listing after the Wikipedia article. I don't think I've ever seen anything on the site listed lower than third or fourth on my search engine. At least, it's always very close to the top.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
What do you guys think of the pictures of Pope Francis on the home page, with captions like "tenderness" and "mercy"?
"[I]t is vain to hope to attract souls to God by a bitter zeal."  Pope St. Pius X.

"If anyone deludes himself by thinking he is serving God, when he has not learned to control his tongue, the service he gives is vain.  If he is to offer service pure and unblemished in the sight of God, who is our Father, he must take care of orphans and widows in their need, and keep himself unstained by the world."  James 1:26-27.
(01-13-2022, 06:08 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: What do you guys think of the pictures of Pope Francis on the home page, with captions like "tenderness" and "mercy"?

I just went to it, using the link in your OP. The only picture on it that I'm seeing is one of Francis smiling and waving. There are some stylised pictures of all the post-Conciliar Popes (complete with the appropriate halos) which are links to biographical detail, in Italian, on each of them.

However, if I saw pictures such as you describe my reaction would probably be to become nauseous.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • J Michael
(01-13-2022, 06:08 PM)Clare Brigid Wrote: What do you guys think of the pictures of Pope Francis on the home page, with captions like "tenderness" and "mercy"?
I honestly haven’t visited it in a while. There is a lot of media gaslighting going on these days and the Vatican seems to be playing along as well.
There is a link on the home page that I'm seeing to a photo gallery of Francis, but none of the pictures seem to have a caption other than a copyright notice incorporated into the picture.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
[Image: 58bd3774-0e3e-4fa4-b4ad-06cfbadb350d]

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe