Worrying
(01-15-2022, 06:07 PM)Grandma Wrote:
(01-15-2022, 04:38 PM)NoliTardare Wrote: As long as you keep praying, your hope, your faith, it's no sin to worry. But then you have put yourself the three things on the same level "praying, hoping and not worrying were extremely difficult".

Stop praying-> lose hope-> worry

Lose hope-> you worry-> you stop praying

Edit: You pray more -> you have more hope -> you worry less!
I think that's the hidden logic
Yes, and if the emotions are getting in the way you cannot help that too much.  You can make acts of the will by simply saying the names of Jesus and Mary.  The Lord hears you.
We all have  different kinds of battles to fight.
Yes! Assuming one's going through a stage when praying seems too difficult, even the name of Jesus and Mary, the very taught of can do a lot IMHO. I had a great aunt who had the poem "Footprints in the sand" framed and pinned on the wall of her bedroom to read it when she needed it and I also think it's a beautiful poem to read when one's facing some problems.
(01-15-2022, 04:38 PM)NoliTardare Wrote: As long as you keep praying, your hope, your faith, it's no sin to worry. But then you have put yourself the three things on the same level "praying, hoping and not worrying were extremely difficult".

Stop praying-> lose hope-> worry

Lose hope-> you worry-> you stop praying

Edit: You pray more -> you have more hope -> you worry less!
I think that's the hidden logic
And if your mind is occupied with prayer, there's much less room in it to worry.
"I'm an old man now and have had a great many problems.  Most of them never happened."~ Mark Twain

"Compassion and justice in one soul are as a man adoring God and idols in one house." -St. Isaac of Syria

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)
[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • oldrover