Pipe smokers?
I did indeed smoke my bowl today and it was very nice.
CS Lewis, who wasn't Catholic ( perhaps because the Anglicans were still far from "coming home" way back in his day,) smoked Bell's Three Nuns (no longer imported into the US but I've heard that the recently introduced  Villager Cocktail Hour is a modern version) .
JJR Tolkien smoked Capstan Medium Navy (also gone from our shores, the closest to it  I've been told is Former's Cross Grain Flake, but Formers dosen't have the tonquine)
The Blessed Pier Georgio Frassati apparenty smoked Toscana which is still available in Italy Same as the stinky cigars, which are available in the US -perhaps I ought to sacrifice a stogie for the advancement of hagiographical pipe smoking?)

It would be interesting to note which blends other Catholics who were known to be mighty in thier faith smoked. What did Msgr Ronald Knox load in his briar? Or Belloc?
I'm getting my hookah on friday.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(11-17-2011, 02:22 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: I'm getting my hookah on friday.

This is the pipe thread.
Do you name any of your pipe? I mean besides Stanwell, or Comoy?
(11-13-2011, 09:22 PM)Hovannes Wrote: I find a piece of orange peel works for rehydrating 'baccy too, but it takes longer than apple.

A trick I use is to take a tiny piece of aluminum foil, and then a bit of old rag, and soak it with water like a sponge.  Keeps the 'bacca moist, and I haven't noticed any flavoring from the foil.
I just received a letter from Frassati USA informing me that the blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati needs only one more miracle fot his cause for canonization to advance! This is great news for Catholic pipemen and alpinists! :pipe:
I'll toke a bowl to that! :pipe:
(11-17-2011, 08:12 PM)Hovannes Wrote: Do you name any of your pipe? I mean besides Stanwell, or Comoy?

I call some, "my favorites" :)
(11-18-2011, 06:25 PM)Hovannes Wrote: I just received a letter from Frassati USA informing me that the blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati needs only one more miracle fot his cause for canonization to advance! This is great news for Catholic pipemen and alpinists! :pipe:

Don't forget that St. Damien of Molokai was a pipe smoker.  He even used it in his ministry by sharing it with lepers to gain their trust.