Pipe smokers?
I'm waiting on an order of Sunday Picnic and Pease Cairo, both Oriental blends (that's where I've found so real enjoyment) - but I might have to invest in Charing Cross too (something about Pease's English and Balkan blends is just... irresistible).
I have never tried their Cairo Blend bet the Westminster is fantastic.
Well we know Santa doesn't smoke pipes anymore.

After 200 years, Santa kicks a bad habit: Publisher, activist edit Twas The Night Before Christmas, take away St. Nick’s pipe
(09-25-2012, 08:54 PM)Pheo Wrote: Well we know Santa doesn't smoke pipes anymore.

After 200 years, Santa kicks a bad habit: Publisher, activist edit Twas The Night Before Christmas, take away St. Nick’s pipe

Well thats about as gay as the PC police get. They say its to deter kids from picking up a "pack". Pipes are not cigarettes. Frankly once they would be over 18 i wouldn't mind if my kids smoked a pipe.

Whats next a Black gay Muslim Santa?
(10-13-2012, 03:05 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote:
(09-25-2012, 08:54 PM)Pheo Wrote: Well we know Santa doesn't smoke pipes anymore.

Well thats about as gay as the PC police get. They say its to deter kids from picking up a "pack". Pipes are not cigarettes. Frankly once they would be over 18 i wouldn't mind if my kids smoked a pipe.

What's up with all the 'gay' stuff?

I don't like havig to constantly re-light, nor all of the paraphernalia.

An occasional cig or puro puro (cigar) is the way to go, but I am trying to quit save special events.
(10-13-2012, 06:29 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: I don't like havig to constantly re-light, nor all of the paraphernalia.

An occasional cig or puro puro (cigar) is the way to go, but I am trying to quit save special events.

I only have to relight once or twice, and I've been pipe smoking a short while - so I think it's down to practice, and a good quality tobacco (that you might have to let air for a while before smoking).

I'm trying to wean myself off cigarettes, and pipe smoking has definitely helped. Never liked the idea of cigars.
(10-13-2012, 03:07 PM)loggats Wrote:
(10-13-2012, 03:05 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote:

Because its PC crap.

What's up with all the 'gay' stuff?
(10-13-2012, 06:51 PM)loggats Wrote:
(10-13-2012, 06:29 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: I don't like havig to constantly re-light, nor all of the paraphernalia.

I only have to relight once or twice, and I've been pipe smoking a short while - so I think it's down to practice, and a good quality tobacco (that you might have to let air for a while before smoking).

I'm trying to wean myself off cigarettes, and pipe smoking has definitely helped. Never liked the idea of cigars.

Yeah its all practice. I relight once or twice and tobaccco quality really does matter.

I like the occasional cigar. Never as good as a Pipe though. I have a friend in Canada who gets me a certain type banned here in the US due to an embargo and even they are not as good as Pipe smoking.
It's spring break and I'm spending my time catching up on my grading (who says teachers work part time? :laughing: )

But the temperatures were north of 30 degrees (yesterday) so I decided to grab a clipboard and a lawn chair and grade some tests my 'ol Comoy.

It was an excellent decision. It was the first bowl of the year and the first one since late summer.

We have a great little tobacconist shop in beautiful Kansas City that hand blends several of their own tobaccos. http://www.cigarandtabacltd.com/tobacco/ I started the year with JLB (blend of Virginias Cavendish and deer tongue), though in retrospect, I should have gone with something with a touch of Burley in it. Nonetheless. An excellent decision.