Pipe smokers?
I've smoked cigs since I was twelve. Would you guys suggest a cheaper pipe and some tobacco to give it a try ? I'm at the point with the cig tax here wanting to get fit, buy an arsenal, and take out the government. If I were 45 again, me and Jimmy the squirell would pinch a helo with a 50 caliber from the Armory and look out we love that smell in the morning.

tim
Does anyone else like and smoke a Calabash Pipe?

I got one recently and really like to smoke it.

It fits just right in my hand.
(03-22-2013, 10:13 AM)Tim Wrote: I've smoked cigs since I was twelve. Would you guys suggest a cheaper pipe and some tobacco to give it a try?

Well, yes and no. Cheaper pipes don't smoke very well (there's a real art to pipemaking) and can be very frustrating to a new pipe smoker. It would be better to look on ebay for an "estate pipe" of a reputable brand (Peterson, Comoy, Savinelli, the much-ballyhooed Boswell) and go with that. Some people don't like estate pipes because the previous owner might have been smoking rope or something in it and that taste lingers. But I've bought a few and have never had any trouble. I mostly smoke aromatic tobacco that would show any latakia taste from former smokers, and I've never had any trouble.

Quote:I'm at the point with the cig tax here wanting to get fit, buy an arsenal, and take out the government. If I were 45 again, me and Jimmy the squirell would pinch a helo with a 50 caliber from the Armory and look out we love that smell in the morning.

:laughing:
I think switching to a pipe is a better decision.
Thanks Joe !

tim
Hey Tim,
Check out a site: pipesandcigars.com. They have a good selection of starter pipes. I'd start with a mild tobbacco; something like Petersen's Sunset Breeze.
You'll be able to get a pipe for abot $25/30 and the tobacco is about $9.00 for 100 grams. Depending on how much you smoke it should last at least a week and pipe should last for years.

Happy puffing,

Kevin
For all you pipe smokers, I think you should try out this pipe.  Think of all the tobacco you could fit in it!  Notice all the smoke that's starting to cloud around him?

[Image: swiss20horn.jpg]
Thanks Kevin !

tim
Ah the alpine horn, you know its funny I find it funny when people speak about doing something in the third person or like there is only one of something in the world.  like I have to use THE RESTROOM, or yea I play THE COMPUTER, or Yes I smoke THE PIPE.  The pipe, what is there only one in the world that all the pipe smokers go to and take turns puffing like a giant alpine horn taking up half the side of a mountain, and has a stand on the bottom like the ricolla guy's alpine horn to hold the bowl up lol.

thats the image that comes to mind when people put it like that.

no matter what when you get that pipe, you want to load er up and crush that tobbacco in the bowl as tight as you can and, then get that pipe in your mouth at the ready, and when you strike that match to light it you want to start puffing deep and fast and get er going and dont stop till that bowl is empty you dont want er to go out after all, and puffing like a train not only show how manly you are its also a one way ticket to RAW TONGUE'S VILL.  That is one destination you do not want to go to.

er Oh wait never mind that is how not to smoke a pipe. unless you are takeing part in the british speed smoking world championship. 

see youtube for more details and loud laughs.
How dare you gents let this thread die while I was away!?

Smoking Dunghill Nightcap while I write.  What are you all packing?
You were away? (Kidding, no idea who you are).

I'm vaping, no more smoke for these lungs.