Priest calls on Catholics to ‘inspire evangelicals’ to convert
Yet analyzing Carlson’s recent coverage of the anti-Catholic vandalism, Fr. Nix suggested that the veteran news host could be open to conversion and join other evangelicals who have converted to the Catholic faith. Such a work of evangelization is drawn from the words of Christ at the close of St. Matthew’s Gospel, when He commanded the disciples to “teach ye all nations; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you.” https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/priest...tian-show/

I tell Evangelicals and other Protestants whenever the subject of persecution comes up. Just look and you'll see who Satan and his minions hate the most.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eric F's post:
  • Byzantine2022, oldrover
Evangelicals are fertile ground for Catholic conversion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oldrover's post:
  • Byzantine2022
Tucker Carlson is an Episcopalian, not an evangelical. I don't know why Fr. Nix says he should "join other evangelicals," as if Episcopalians are evangelicals. They aren't.
If I let you have the last word, it does not mean that I concede your point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iconodule's post:
  • Anon777
In my district there are lots of evangelic preachers and demonstrations(is this the word?). Once they had big boards with the message "whats the meaning of life" and showed them to passing cars,or a big anti-suicide demo.
It seems centuries ago catholics also did public preaching? I saw a painting of st leonard preaching in a public square.
I think the church should try to recover the (many)catholics who went evangelical,before getting new converts.
(05-12-2022, 07:09 PM)Iconodule Wrote: Tucker Carlson is an Episcopalian, not an evangelical.  I don't know why Fr. Nix says he should "join other evangelicals," as if Episcopalians are evangelicals.  They aren't.
Very often reformed theology becomes absorbed into Protestant theology. I am a big believer there are four brands of Christianity; western, eastern, Protestant and reformed. The American mind tends to lump all Evangelicals and reformed as one group.
“Love is sweeter than life.” -St. Isaac of Syria
(05-12-2022, 07:09 PM)Iconodule Wrote: Tucker Carlson is an Episcopalian, not an evangelical.  I don't know why Fr. Nix says he should "join other evangelicals," as if Episcopalians are evangelicals.  They aren't.

And Episcopalians are ALSO fertile ground for Catholic conversion.
(05-13-2022, 11:07 AM)Byzantine2022 Wrote:
Very often reformed theology becomes absorbed into Protestant theology. I am a big believer there are four brands of Christianity; western, eastern, Protestant and reformed. The American mind tends to lump all Evangelicals and reformed as one group.

What is the difference between protestant and reformed in your view? And to be fair I don't think its wrong to lump evangelicals and reformed together, because evangelicalism is not really its own denomination, its a movement within multiple strains of protestantism. So there are evangelicals who have reformed theology.
In the evening of life, we will be judged by love alone.
-Saint John of the Cross
(05-13-2022, 11:51 AM)crosslife Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 11:07 AM)Byzantine2022 Wrote:

What is the difference between protestant and reformed in your view? And to be fair I don't think its wrong to lump evangelicals and reformed together, because evangelicalism is not really its own denomination, its a movement within multiple strains of protestantism. So there are evangelicals who have reformed theology.
Reformed churches have a sacramental theology, albeit most of their sacraments are void with all those female clergy and invalidity flailing around, but they have a sacramental perspective. Protestantism is void of sacramental theology strictly centering the Bible and a personal relationship with Christ.
“Love is sweeter than life.” -St. Isaac of Syria