Incels
I was recently alerted in a post by MacPasquale to the phenomenon of incels.

Does anyone here identify as an incel?

Does the use of that term imply that it's wrong to be chaste? Or does it describe a certain kind of resentment that has no other word?
If I let you have the last word, it does not mean that I concede your point.
(05-13-2022, 04:11 PM)Iconodule Wrote: I was recently alerted in a post by MacPasquale to the phenomenon of incels.

I'm curious about what post this was.

Would you mind?  I'm very interested in my myself.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MacPasquale's post:
  • SeekerofChrist
I don't remember, but it was definitely you.
MacPasquale should feel slightly offended here, lol…
He was not at all claiming to be an incel.
(05-13-2022, 04:39 PM)Iconodule Wrote: He was not at all claiming to be an incel.
Or gay
(05-13-2022, 04:31 PM)choosetowitness Wrote: MacPasquale should feel slightly offended here, lol…
I do.  The wonderful things I say shouldn't be kept hidden from me.
[-] The following 3 users Like MacPasquale's post:
  • choosetowitness, jovan66102, TroubledGuest
the vast majority of incels,arent cel(ibate). They do PMO and just want to fornicate.
and if you're celibate male its a choice..fornication is always readily avaible(sadly)
(05-13-2022, 04:15 PM)MacPasquale Wrote:
(05-13-2022, 04:11 PM)Iconodule Wrote: I was recently alerted in a post by MacPasquale to the phenomenon of incels.

I'm very interested in my myself.

I think we're all interested in you.  You should write an autobiography and post it for us to read.  Also, a collection of your best sayings, maybe some short and witty retorts, etc.  Why be greedy and keep all that to yourself?

You can title this work, "The Autobiography of MacPasquale: Never a Straighter Arrow."  See?  My wit is pathetic.  Share yours, please!
[-] The following 2 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Anon777, MacPasquale
(05-13-2022, 04:11 PM)Iconodule Wrote: Does anyone here identify as an incel?

Does the use of that term imply that it's wrong to be chaste?  Or does it describe a certain kind of resentment that has no other word?

I don't know anyone who identifies as an incel.  It appears to be a mostly Internet-based thing.  There is no doubt a certain resentment that such men feel.  They don't want to be celibate and/or unmarried, yet can't find girlfriends or wives.  That's going to frustrate most men, of course.  I do choose to be an unmarried chaste man.  That's a choice on my part, not because I can't go out there and find a wife.
[-] The following 2 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Byzantine2022, Grandma