Has any Islamic nation ceased to be muslim?
(05-19-2022, 07:05 AM)benedicite Wrote: Spain through the reconquista;
Muslims were expelled from Spain. But I was asking about a nation that converted, as happened with the Roman Empire or with the Scandinavians
(05-19-2022, 03:09 PM)PangeLingua Wrote: In addition to already mentioned Spain also Portugal was under the Muslim rule for over 500 years.
Bulgaria was under the Ottoman rule for 500 years.
Big part of Hungary for 150 years.
Greece from 15th century till early 19th century.
Serbia from mid-16th century till 19th century (with some interruptions).

So no, it is not irreversible.
Portugal had the same process as Spain. Muslims were expelled. In fact Portugal is one of the Kingdoms that emerged in the reconquista, before the Moorish invasion Spain and Portugal were the same people: Hispania

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hispania

But I was asking about a Nation that converted, as happened with the Roman Empire or with the Scandinavians.

About the other examples, they are peoples that were under the Ottoman yoke, but didn't convert to Islam if I'm not mistaken. I'm referring to peoples converted to Islam who have abandoned it. Not people's subjected to Muslims but not Islamized, or Muslims who were expelled from a territory.
A large number of native Iberians converted to Islam in Al-Andalus.  They weren't all expelled during or after the Reconquista.  The Church worked to convert many of these Iberians, or more accurately their descendants, back to the Catholic faith.  As time went on, I think Muslim conquerors lost their desire to convert the masses to Islam.  The special tax levied on non-Muslim subjects was too financially lucrative to pass up.  My guess is that there are no examples of what you're asking for because Christians have never permanently liberated any territories that had long since becoming virtually all Muslim.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Drolo
The persecution of Christians in Muslim dominated countries is so great they are likely to flee. So the experience of Spain seems to be the most likely experience. Look at the happenings among the countries bordering muslim dominated countries.
[-] The following 1 user Likes joegrane's post:
  • Drolo
I am thoroughly convinced Mohammed was convinced he was telling the truth. I don't think he was intentionally lying or an intentional fraud, I think he genuinely had delusions of grandeur. It looks like he was epileptic as well and the symptoms of which he interpreted as a sign of God's inspiration instead of the symptoms of a health disorder.
“Love is sweeter than life.” -St. Isaac of Syria
(05-24-2022, 01:36 PM)Byzantine2022 Wrote: I am thoroughly convinced Mohammed was convinced he was telling the truth. I don't think he was intentionally lying or an intentional fraud, I think he genuinely had delusions of grandeur. It looks like he was epileptic as well and the symptoms of which he interpreted as a sign of God's inspiration instead of the symptoms of a health disorder.
It may be, but in principle I do think that an angel dictated the Koran to Mohammed. Of course, understanding that the fallen angels, the demons, are also angels.
(05-26-2022, 02:17 AM)Drolo Wrote: It may be, but in principle I do think that an angel dictated the Koran to Mohammed. Of course, understanding that the fallen angels, the demons, are also angels.
˄˄˄˄˄ This! I have absolutely no doubt that the paedophile wrote his Satanic 'holy book' at the dictation of a demon and thus established his filthy 'religion'.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(05-26-2022, 03:18 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(05-26-2022, 02:17 AM)Drolo Wrote: It may be, but in principle I do think that an angel dictated the Koran to Mohammed. Of course, understanding that the fallen angels, the demons, are also angels.
˄˄˄˄˄ This! I have absolutely no doubt that the paedophile wrote his Satanic 'holy book' at the dictation of a demon and thus established his filthy 'religion'.

I just think it is a compellation of human writings, corrupted texts from myriad other religions and heretical Christian and Jewish groups active in Arabia all put together in an ad hoc way after Muhammed died, if an whenever that occurred.

No angels were harmed in the production of this Koran.
"Especially will I do this if the Lord make known to me that you come together man by man in common through grace, individually, in one faith, and in Jesus Christ... so that you obey the bishop and the presbytery with an undivided mind, breaking one and the same bread, which is the medicine of immortality, and the antidote to prevent us from dying, but which causes that we should live for ever in Jesus Christ." St. Ignatius of Antioch

"But Polycarp... waving his hand towards them, while with groans he look up to heaven, said, 'Away with the Atheists.'" Martyrdom of Polycarp
[-] The following 1 user Likes Justin Tertius's post:
  • Byzantine2022