Breaking a vow?
I made a vow to God under pain of mortal sin to quit a game and not play it again until my account is deleted. I forgot about it and broke it....if it is feasible. Am I in a state of mortal sin? I forgot I made the vow, until I was playing the game. I would like an answer when you guys get a chance.
"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner"
(06-20-2022, 03:11 PM)Anon777 Wrote: I made a vow to God under pain of mortal sin to quit a game and not play it again until my account is deleted. I forgot about it and broke it....if it is feasible. Am I in a state of mortal sin? I forgot I made the vow, until I was playing the game. I would like an answer when you guys get a chance.
Ignoring whether you can bind yourself under the pain of mortal sin or not, consider a similar situation where we know we are bound by the Church under the pain of mortal sin.

Imagine it's Ash Wednesday.  You're at work and lunch comes around when a coworker brings in hamburgers.  You're exhausted from work, forgot it's Ash Wednesday, and eat a hamburger. 

Did consuming that hamburger put you in a state of mortal sin?  No.  

Remember Anon, can't accidentally commit mortal sin.
[-] The following 3 users Like MacPasquale's post:
  • Anon777, Grandma, jovan66102
(06-20-2022, 05:44 PM)MacPasquale Wrote: Remember Anon, can't accidentally commit mortal sin.
˄˄˄ THIS!!!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Anon777, Byzantine2022