Plenary indulgence
If a hardened sinner obtains a plenary indulgence by meeting the usual conditions, and then dies immediately after, will they go straight to heaven and not spend any time in purgatory for their lifetime of heinous sins?
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!
From what I've read, very few avoid, at least a 'walk through' of Purgatory, prior to entering Heaven. Kinda makes sense.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
(06-22-2022, 03:17 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: If a hardened sinner obtains a plenary indulgence by meeting the usual conditions, and then dies immediately after, will they go straight to heaven and not spend any time in purgatory for their lifetime of heinous sins?
If he actually succeeds in gaining the plenary indulgence, that's correct.
[-] The following 2 users Like Marmot's post:
  • MacPasquale, Zedta
(06-22-2022, 03:17 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: ... will they go straight to heaven and not spend any time in purgatory for their lifetime of heinous sins?

It's possible.  God's capacity for mercy far exceeds our own ability to get past someone's "lifetime of heinous sins."  But you knew that already, right?
[-] The following 2 users Like Matas's post:
  • Ambrosiano, Zedta
Yes.  That’s why it’s called plenary.
If I let you have the last word, it does not mean that I concede your point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iconodule's post:
  • MacPasquale
(06-22-2022, 03:17 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: If a hardened sinner obtains a plenary indulgence by meeting the usual conditions, and then dies immediately after, will they go straight to heaven and not spend any time in purgatory for their lifetime of heinous sins?
Yes.
[-] The following 2 users Like Genesius's post:
  • MacPasquale, Zedta