Is Rules too General a topic to discuss
Are rules too general a topic to discuss in a thread.
(06-22-2022, 06:55 PM)Genesius Wrote: Are rules too general a topic to discuss in a thread.
Where are the Grammar Police when you need them?
"I'm an old man now and have had a great many problems.  Most of them never happened."~ Mark Twain

"Compassion and justice in one soul are as a man adoring God and idols in one house." -St. Isaac of Syria

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)
[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • Zedta
(06-22-2022, 06:57 PM)J Michael Wrote: Where are the Grammar Police when you need them?

Grammar does not fall under forum rules, so ought to be discussed elsewhere.
amare nesciri
[-] The following 2 users Like Filiolus's post:
  • Genesius, Zedta
(06-22-2022, 06:57 PM)J Michael Wrote:
(06-22-2022, 06:55 PM)Genesius Wrote: Are rules too general a topic to discuss in a thread.
Please create a distinct thread to discuss the location of the Gramma Police when I need them.
Actually, here is as good as anywhere. Grammar does consist of a series of "rules", after all.
"I'm an old man now and have had a great many problems.  Most of them never happened."~ Mark Twain

"Compassion and justice in one soul are as a man adoring God and idols in one house." -St. Isaac of Syria

• Zedta
(06-22-2022, 07:00 PM)Genesius Wrote:
(06-22-2022, 06:57 PM)J Michael Wrote:
Please create a distinct thread to discuss the location of the Gramma Police when I need them.
They really should be shadowing you, you know.  Along with the Spelling Police.  And with all that education....what a waste....

• Zedta
(06-22-2022, 07:00 PM)J Michael Wrote: Actually, here is as good as anywhere.  Grammar does consist of a series of "rules", after all.
Your inquiry was about the location of the grammar police when I need them, not grammatical rules, nor is grammatical rules topical to the question of whether or not rules is too general a topic to discuss in a thread. Please do not derail my thread and start your own.
(06-22-2022, 07:03 PM)Genesius Wrote:
(06-22-2022, 07:00 PM)J Michael Wrote: Actually, here is as good as anywhere.  Grammar does consist of a series of "rules", after all.
Your inquiry was about the location of the grammar police when I need them, not grammatical rules, nor is grammatical rules topical to the question of whether or not rules is too general a topic to discuss in a thread. Please do not derail my thread and start your own.
Nah...you're providing me with too much fun here.  Besides, if I started my own thread Filiolus would only come along to derail it.

ETA-- You could always delete the posts you don't like here.  You know, like that other thread.  Would you like a reference for it?  Or, is it against the rules to delete threads if you're not the owner of the forum?

• Zedta
I never deleted a thread nor any posts in a thread, J Michael I ignored you comments because It was contrary to the fun I was having to respond, but falsehood is a disgusting vile thing.
To be fair, I'm sure his confusion is innocent. I think he mixed up the threads due to the similar titles.

But we should discuss this elsewhere.
amare nesciri