Rosary power
Do you believe, and/or have personal evidence that Sister Lucia’s statement is true? 

“There is no problem, I tell you, no matter how difficult it is, that we cannot resolve by the 
prayer of the Holy Rosary.”
[-] The following 4 users Like Margaret-Mary's post:
  • Anon777, Blind Horus, Matas, XavierSem
No.  In my experience, the rosary does not solve every problem.

And I do not consider Lucia dos Santos some kind of oracle.
If I let you have the last word, it does not mean that I concede your point.
Look around you. We have tons of Catholics praying the Rosary for an end to this or that problem, and the world keeps getting worse.

Sr. Lucia’s statement is not in the Bible or Church teaching. She’s not the Pope, or the bishops in union with him, exercising teaching authority (as opposed to temporal authority). As an analogy, St. Robert Bellarmine called the heliocentric cosmology a heresy, but that’s for the Church to decide, not St. Robert Bellarmine, even if he is a Doctor of the Church.
For those who doubt the benefits of rosaries being prayed ; imagine a world where none were prayed.
[-] The following 3 users Like Whitey's post:
  • Eric F, Grandma, XavierSem
(06-23-2022, 09:31 AM)Polymath Wrote: Look around you.  We have tons of Catholics praying the Rosary for an end to this or that problem, and the world keeps getting worse.

This is exactly why I ask the question. With Our Lady of Fatima’s request that we pray it daily, and St. Padre Pio’s calling it “the weapon,” it must be extremely important. Personally, I have had (what I believe are) answered prayers via the Rosary. However, when I think of all the Religious and other devoted people who say it every day, it seems that at most, it may be holding the world together by a thread — not solving the world’s problems. In the beginning of my conversion, I would pray it for the sheer love of it, and it brought me certain interior graces. Later on, after learning and hearing about the more… compulsatory (?) reasons for praying it, it eventually became more of an “exercise” to me, and somewhat of a chore, and seemed to diminish the beauty and interior growth aspects of it. Plus, I don’t see it as one big “problem solver” anyway, so my motivation to pray it has evaporated quite a bit. If snyone has any advice or thoughts, I’m open to hearing them.
Pray it because Our Lady has commanded it. That’s what I do.
[-] The following 6 users Like Polymath's post:
  • choosetowitness, Grandma, JacafamalaRedux, Margaret-Mary, Whitey, XavierSem
Hm, this thread has some doubters about one of the most straightforward Catholic things to do. Scary.
[-] The following 5 users Like choosetowitness's post:
  • Anon777, Eric F, Grandma, Whitey, XavierSem
(06-23-2022, 10:47 AM)choosetowitness Wrote: Hm, this thread has some doubters about one of the most straightforward Catholic things to do. Scary.

Doubters? Thinking and asking about some of what’s been said about it isn’t the same as doubting it. May we discuss our honest thoughts and experiences without becoming doubters?
(06-23-2022, 10:46 AM)Polymath Wrote: Pray it because Our Lady has commanded it.  That’s what I do.

Yes, that’s become my main reason, too. But it’s now something that I have to remind and make myself do. It’s not like in the earlier days when I had a big desire for it.
(06-23-2022, 10:12 AM)Whitey Wrote: For those who doubt the benefits of rosaries being prayed ; imagine a world where none were prayed.

Yes, I understand what you’re saying. However, though things could always get worse, it seems they’re getting bad enough already to reasonably suspect we are on a rapid downward spiral, in my view.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Margaret-Mary's post:
  • Whitey