More News About the Pope's Plans
Amid all of the rumors of the freeing of the Mass of All times, the Pope will also make time to visit with the Dali Lama in a private meeting. How is that for more good news? The Man of Peace will have so much to teach the leader of the Roman Catholic Church.
Oh, give him a break.  The Dalai Lama is in Rome to receive an honorary degree from a secular university, and wants to see the pope.  The pope meets with important people who want to see him.
Wow, did I not say that it was wonderful news. I Knew some of you would be glad to hear of it.
Ancient Popes met with pagans all the time (do you think St. Peter only talked to Christians?).  
I don't think it's a bad thing for the Pope to meet the Dalai Lama. How else is he going to get converted.

Or, would you rather he remain a pagan and unsaved?

The Dalai Lama is a smart one! He could master Latin in no time! 
Brennus Wrote:I don't think it's a bad thing for the Pope to meet the Dalai Lama. How else is he going to get converted.

Or, would you rather he remain a pagan and unsaved?

Are you referring to the pope or the dalai lama?[Image: laff.gif] 
Nunc, that's cute.

In all seriousness though. The Dalai Lama represents a pagan religion that is somewhat civilized, in the sense that many of the ancient pagans were civilized, like the Stoics, for example. St. Paul redily went to such people.

Now, I want to you to imagine something. What if the Dalai Lama converted to Catholic Christianity. It would be fabulous. We should pray for that. 

Also, he adn the pope have something in common. Each is a spiritual leader whose office also included governing a secular state. Each was deprived of his secular rule by modernist regimes. That happened to the pope more than a century ago. It happened to this guy about 50 years ago. There's sort of a common ground there. There's nothing wrong with them talking aobu that. 

The Dalai Lama's followers are in a predicament. They don't know how they will replace him when he dies. Many of their teachers doubt it can be done outside Tibet. If he is truly a man seeking truth, maybe he would pray properly and convert.

Just a nice thought.

HOWEVER, If Our Holy Father converts to Tibetan Buddhism I will come to wherever it is you live and you can kick my ass up and down the main street.

Brennus 

gee...with attitude like that, no wonder he took off.
Brennus Wrote: 
HOWEVER, If Our Holy Father converts to Tibetan Buddhism I will come to wherever it is you live and you can kick my ass up and down the main street.

Brennus 

ROFL!!!! I really did miss you all!!![Image: laff.gif] Although, imagining the Holy Father in the lotus position is very interesting. And that red and yellow "habit" the DL wears is quite the fashion statement.