Women more weight conscious than men
They needed a study to figure this out? From Rueters

College women more weight-conscious than men
Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:10 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Women are more likely to think they need to lose weight than men are, and more likely to diet, a new study of college students shows.
"These findings are in agreement with reports of women's tendency to hold stronger beliefs related to nutrition than men," Dr. Judy A. Driskell of the University of Nebraska in Lincoln and colleagues write. "Though men have some sensitivity to body fat, women are much more sensitive."
Eating habits tend to worsen in the young adult years, and college students often eat too much fat and sodium and too few fruits and vegetables, according to Driskell and her team. They investigated how a student's gender influenced their eating habits and beliefs about nutrition by surveying 286 undergraduates.
Among men, 45.2 percent were overweight or obese, compared to 13.9 percent of women. But 57.4 percent of the women said they needed to lose weight, compared to 28.6 percent of the men.
Women were also more likely than men to say they ate too much sugar (59.7 percent vs 41.9 percent), and to say that it's important to limit carbohydrate consumption (46.4 percent vs 27.6 percent). Among the women, 71.4 percent agreed that it is important to eat less fat to lose weight, while 52.4 percent of held this omen.
Among men, 79.1 percent said they had never tried dieting, compared to 65.6 percent of women.
The findings show that men and women have different perceptions of some nutrition issues, the researchers note. They conclude: "Registered dietitians and other health professionals should take these differences into account when developing nutrition education materials for college students and other young adults."
SOURCE: Journal of the American Dietetic Association, October 2006.

I am obsesive about my weight and have been for years.  I weigh myself at leat five times a day.  One pound in weight gain and I freak out and curse like a salor.  I do see a doctor and dietitician regularly and my health is good so when people complain that I am too thin, I just show the print outs from my lab reports from my Dietitican and doctor and them them I am doing what I am suppose to be doing.  My doctor and dietician are please with my imporved health, however, I am compulsive about my weight.
Daniel
So I wake up this morning with oreo cookie drule dried to my face.  I look at the scale and I gained two pounds during the night.  I wish I at least that I had been awake during the night so that I could have appreciated the oreos.
Daniel

you really need to get rid of your scale. but you probably know that and "ain't no way"...
-Robin
kzarah Wrote:So I wake up this morning with oreo cookie drule dried to my face.  I look at the scale and I gained two pounds during the night.  I wish I at least that I had been awake during the night so that I could have appreciated the oreos.
Daniel

Sleep eating is bad.  It means you're being too strict.  Either get rid of the oreos so you sleep eat carrots, or give yourself a break once in a while and have cookies and warm milk before bed.

When you sleep eat, you can finish off three bags of cookies without realizing it.  The body hates to be taken to extremes and fights back every way it knows how.  Then you end up unhealthy because you're stressed and constantly bouncing in the weight department.

I read you should weigh yourself once a day at the same time every day.  The body cycles, so at different times of the day your weight is different.  Maybe you could try that - once a day at the same time.

It doesn't happen too often but sometimes you should see the trail of candy wrappers going from the kitchen to the bedroom.  However, my health is good and my doctor and dietician are happy so I must be doing something right.
Daniel