Live African WebCam!
This is awesome! It is a live webcam of an African watering hole. Sean and I have sat here watching this webcam and have seen and heard several animals--we're fascinated! :D

http://www.wavelit.com/index.asp?ch=Wildlife&sh=africam

Edited to add a little info about the watering hole:
Nkorho Pan is a natural water hole in the prestigious Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, in South Africa. Nkorho pan is named after Nkorho bush Lodge which gets it name from the Shangaan derivative for the call of the yellow-billed hornbill, a common and unusual looking bird from this area.

Those crickets sure are noisy... they most be 12 inch long  [Image: 16_7_204.gif] 
Quote: Those crickets sure are noisy...

:lol: Just wait until a noisy animal comes along...we're not sure what was making the noise but it was around when a hyena came to the water. It was so loud and such an odd noise, that it startled us!
Wow! So cool! I wonder where that mic is at. Some animals (have no clue to what it was, looked like a large groundhog) made louder slurping noises than most dogs!

It would be totally scary to camp out there by yourself, all those strange noises.
Great AnimalCam! I am always on the search for more. Here is a website that has a bunch of AnimalCams.
Vandaler Wrote:Those crickets sure are noisy... they most be 12 inch long  [Image: 16_7_204.gif] 

Dude, that's a roach.  12 inch long roaches are why God invented rifles with night scopes and roach bombs that put the N. Korean nuke to shame.  [Image: wink.gif]
This is so cool. I think there must be some distortion from the camera though. That tree looks really short, but you can see the reflection in the water. When we first looked at it, we saw an animal that Drew thought was a rabbit because it appeared to hop. Until it "hopped" to the top of the tree and went over it! I think it was a monkey!

Just a few minutes ago, we saw a heard of Spooky's giant groundhogs slurping away. They looked like they had short legs, but when they got scared, they leapt away, more like gazelles.

Oh my! We just heard some serious growling... can't see anything though. Nathan and Drew are just fascinated. Thanks so much for posting this.
Does it start right away or do you have to wait sometime before it loads?
Mommie2Boys Wrote:This is awesome! It is a live webcam of an African watering hole. Sean and I have sat here watching this webcam and have seen and heard several animals--we're fascinated! :D

http://www.wavelit.com/index.asp?ch=Wildlife&sh=africam

Edited to add a little info about the watering hole:
Nkorho Pan is a natural water hole in the prestigious Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve, in South Africa. Nkorho pan is named after Nkorho bush Lodge which gets it name from the Shangaan derivative for the call of the yellow-billed hornbill, a common and unusual looking bird from this area.

This is FANTASTIC! Thank you for posting this!

Did you have to sign up to get the cam to work?