Fish Recipes
I've been making the same old fried catfish every Friday for weeks now, and my family is getting really tired of it. When we lived on the coast we ate other types of seafood (shrimp, crawfish, etc.) on Fridays, but we can't get it fresh here. I don't have much experience cooking fish, so I'm at a loss. Does anyone have any good fish recipes (preferably not fried) that you'd be willing to share? Thanks!
I didn't mean to exclude men by posting this in the women's forum. It seems like the women on Fisheaters do more cooking than the men. But I'd be happy to hear from anyone.
(I've always felt that I shouldn't be stepping into the forum for women, but anything is worth it if we're talking about food. [Image: tongue.gif])

If you can find sea bass (or any similar fish), here's a recipe you can try.

Remove all the innards and slice open the fish in such a way that you can sit it on a plate upright.

Slice julienne strips of spring onion and some ginger. Arrange them all over the fish.

Pour in light soy souce until it covers the base of the plate and just a little of the fish.

Steam until the fish is cooked.

Heat up peanut oil (or vegetable oil or anything neutral tasting oil). When it's really hot, pour it over the cooked fish. Serve!
Kenny,
It's funny, it was you I was thinking of when I realized I shouldn't have posted this in the women's forum. That recipe sounds fantastic! I don't know if I can find sea bass here, but if I can, I will definitely try this. Thanks!
Broiled Tilapia:

Take the broiler pan, cover it with tin foil, and then put fillets on. Pre-heat the broiler. Melt one stick of butter, and add 1 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning and 1 TBLS of finely chopped fresh parsley. Take a turkey baster and baste the fillets with the butter sauce. Lightly sprinkle the fillets with breadcrumbs. Broil for 6-8 minutes, or until fish flakes easily. Transfer the fillets to a plate, and then carefully remove the tin foil from the broiler pan. Pour the excess butter sauce over the fillets. Yum! :)
Thanks, JLeigh! That sounds really good. And I'm sure I've seen tilapia in the stores here.
I'm inviting myself to Philomena's for dinner to, you know, just make sure she does everything right.  I won't be able to tell until after my 3rd helping, though.

Quis,
Dinner will be at 7 sharp! But that's Friday night. All we're having today is leftovers - chicken in a mushroom cream sauce served over rice.

Aviano,
I love shrimp too. Thanks for the recipes!  
We just love salmon, and this is one recipe that all of us enjoy:

Grilled Salmon with Green Mustard Sauce

(you can just bake the fillets in the oven too, 20 min. 350 degrees, a little oil on the pan, if you can't grill them- not as good, but still tasty)

Marinate the salmon in the fridge for two hours in equal parts white wine, orange juice, and soy sauce.

Serve it with the Green Mustard Sauce, which you can make up to a day ahead.  Bring it to room temperature before serving:

Process or blend:
2/3 c chopped spinach leaves
2/3 c chopped arugula leaves
1/4 c sour cream
1/4 c light cream
2 T Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic

(makes a scant cup)

That's  it!  Season with salt, put a dollop of sauce on, and serve with lemon wedges and extra sauce on the side.

You can make it with all spinach, but the arugula gives it a good tang that spinach doesn't have.  I also like to put a little more mustard in the sauce.
Sophia,
That sounds delicious! I've never cooked salmon before, but I'm going to have to try this. Thanks!