Nicotine - Good for you?
"WATER laced with nicotine could soon be on the Australian market after an importer began negotiations with food and drug regulators.  Sydney-based entrepreneur Ross Bennie wants to bring the American product NicLite into the country.  The drink contains four milligrams of nicotine, and is supposed to help people stop smoking."
N.B.  I not only smoke cigars, but I also put the tips which are cut off of the head of cigars in my tea.  So I get plenty of nicotine.  (Don't drink anything at my apartment unless it comes in a sealed container!  LOL)  It's alleged to be good for schizo-affective mental disease (which I have).  Being an alcoholic has forced me to find new vices! 

Andrew
bupanishad2012 Wrote:"WATER laced with nicotine could soon be on the Australian market after an importer began negotiations with food and drug regulators.  Sydney-based entrepreneur Ross Bennie wants to bring the American product NicLite into the country.  The drink contains four milligrams of nicotine, and is supposed to help people stop smoking."
N.B.  I not only smoke cigars, but I also put the tips which are cut off of the head of cigars in my tea.  So I get plenty of nicotine.  (Don't drink anything at my apartment unless it comes in a sealed container!  LOL)  It's alleged to be good for schizo-affective mental disease (which I have).  Being an alcoholic has forced me to find new vices! 

Andrew
Yes! There's actually medical studies out there that are showing Nicotine to be good for Parkinson's Disease and like such diseases. Tobacco is good and why not? God made it right. I'm not saying to go and smoke your life away but a good cigar once in awhile can certainly be good if you don't inhale that is. Your lungs are meant for fresh air not smoke so you are only supposed to let it coat your mucus membranes.
It would seem that using the nicotine to come down off of addiction might work, seems logical at least.

I know tobacco is good for at least one thing. Pesticide! An important part of my yearly combat for the garden.

darkwater Wrote:It would seem that using the nicotine to come down off of addiction might work, seems logical at least.

I know tobacco is good for at least one thing. Pesticide! An important part of my yearly combat for the garden.

Yeah? How do you use it? I've been plagued by aphids on my roses this year and grasshoppers (mini locusts) ate out 12 bushes last year. Do you think that tobacco would eradicate these little nasties?
Speaking as a smoker of cigars, I would say "Yes," since I do not have any of those nasties in my mouth or lungs.  LOL  But, seriously, the only absolutely well-known use for tobacco is as a pesticide.  Perhaps the gardener above can give you more information on how to apply it.

I'd be careful with tobacco around plants because it carries the mosaic virus.  Is there a certified virus free dust you can use?

Lady bugs are good for aphids, but praying mantises will take care of your grasshoppers.  You can buy the egg cases and set them out to hatch.  The tiny mantises would eat the aphids, and then when full grown would take care of the hoppers.